Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!! 02 A6 2.7t

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Angry Help!!!!! 02 A6 2.7t

I have a 02 A6 2.7t 129,000 miles
Last winter(cold about 0) I stopped to get gas and it smelled like it was on fire, I looked under the car and oil was running off the splash guard. Towed it to the shop(a small shop in town) and they said the gasket by the chain tensioner was leaking. So they put a new water pump and timing chain in and a new gasket. When I went to pick it up they said it was running good but when they were fixing it they found oil in the lower turbo pipe….they didn’t know what would have caused that. So I took the car home it was running fine for about 6 weeks then on another cold day my wife was driving it started to blow white out the exhaust. We took it to the Audi Shop in town and they said both turbos were bad and the cam tensioner gasket was leaking. They said it would be about 8k to fix. I said don’t fix it I will just park it for now. When I picked it up it drove fine no white smoke and only a little oil leak about one drip a week. I has been driving fine for the last 3 months, but now it is starting to get a little jurky at low speed.
Could the jurky be from the 02 sensor?
Could the smoke and oil leak be from the pvi valve?
Thanks
Jesse

Old 08-27-2009, 12:07 PM
1st Gear

Here's what I understand, but I'm no expert. The driver side has the PVC system routed into the intake plumbing, and oil can get blown into the ductwork from this system, so finding oil there may not be cause for alarm. Check your oil level, it it's over full, this can make the problem worst.

The oil leaks from valve covers, cam seals, and tensiner gaskets are common. I currently have the valve covers off mine in the process of replacing all the seals. It is also important to address the cause of the leaks, which could be a gunked up PVC system, including the spider hose assembly. I've replaced my oil cap with an updated version that has a relief feature, and I will be cleaning/checking the entire PVC system before putting the car back together, in hopes of getting a few leak free years out of my efforts.
To help with the other issues, can you find someone with a Vag-com to check your car for codes and check the boost pressure?
Gary

Old 08-27-2009, 01:55 PM

is the spider hose assembly the Y pipe on top????

Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 PM
1st Gear

YOur dealer hates you, or at least likes your money alot. If both turbos were bad, the car would not like to drive much at all, I am guessing they are not bad, but you probably had a common issue like a plugged PCV system, the moisture freezes in the small vac lines when its cold, during first start the car blows white smoke, this usually goes away once the moisture thaws and the PCV system begins to work. The spider hose taps into the back side of the manifold, then to both heads and a bunch of other places, you can easily identify it at the back of the intake mani, 2 large hard plastic lines come out, one is the brake booster and the other is the spider hose

Old 08-27-2009, 11:50 PM

Thanks