Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HARD TO RESIST OFFER BUT.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:56 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: HARD TO RESIST OFFER BUT.....

I finally got a word (close to a month since i put a deposit)...Riverside Audi is telling me that the certification got delayed due to back order on brake pads and car should be ready this weekend. It's still hard to resist offer but since it took close to a month to certify the car, it makes me wonder if something is wrong or maybe they are right. Initial pictures look fine that the sales rep took when the car was bought from auction. Any suggestion???

Old 02-16-2008, 10:06 AM
2nd Gear

You say the car is $9k below KBB value. Which KBB value are you using? Trade-in, private sale or retail? What is the actual price? Is the car a 3.2 or a 4.2? What options are in the car? Have you driven the car? A one month delay for brake pads seems excessive.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:32 AM
1st Gear

Car is out of state...itsa certified car from Riverside Audi in NJ...3.2 fully loaded...KBB is $10k below retail. I'll be driving and checking out everything in next week or so.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:30 AM
2nd Gear

I just looked at the Riverside website and there are two A6s with 20,000 miles. Are you looking at the blue one (stock no. RA-2311) or the white one (stock no. RA-2312)?I am guessing that you are looking at the white one which is priced at $28,900.The car described had a MSRP of $43,970 when new, and was typically selling for about $39,000 when new, or about $10,000 more than what is currently being advertised. If this is the car you are looking at, while it is a nice car, it is not a steal and it is not a loaded A6. The description of the advertised car is missing the following upgrades:

Solar Sunroof
Heated seats
bi-xenon adaptive headlights
Bose upgraded sound system
Advanced key,
Voice Recognition,
Navigation,
Parktronic,
Sport Suspension,
18" wheels,
Sport seats,
Cold weather package,
Solar sunroof,
Power rea window and manual side window shades,
Rear airbags,
adaptive air suspension,
adaptive cruise.

Obviously, you may be looking at another 2006 A6, but I want to make sure that when you are comparing your purchase price with the theoretical price of a loaded A6 that you are actually making a fair comparison. Best of luck in your car purchase.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

Its the other one 2311. It has all options and certified car on edmunds and KBB for that price came out $39k

Old 02-16-2008, 12:01 PM
3rd Gear

A lot of vehicles coming off of lease end up at the auctions. The leasing companies don't have showrooms and don't want to dick around with trying to sell them.A lot of dealers check out these auctions and pick up cars at rock bottom prices that they know they can turn around for a few bucks quickly.

I would bet it's even smarter for an Audi dealer to pick up a leased-then-auctioned Audi that needs some work since they will charge it all back to Audi under warranty and it does not cost them anything. Basically they buy the car, fix it and charge Audi, wash it, then sell it quickly. And we all know that Audis are not "financially appreciated" and lose value very quickly.

I picked up an auctioned 2007 Mercury Milan for my wife in December. The dealer hadn't even cleaned it up - we test drove it and struck a deal. It had been owned for 9 months by a Ford rep who drove it around the midwest so it had 17k miles but all highway. I think the dealer ended up making $700, but he sold the car effectively the day after he bought it at auction.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:46 PM
2nd Gear

Just be careful because stock number 2311 does not list any of the options. In fact, the website listing indicates that it is a base model type car. I am sure that you have had communications and verifications from the dealer to the contrary, but since you have not yet seen or driven the car I wouldn'twantto make a long trip and then be disappointed. It may also be an explanation as to why the dealer has dragged out the situation for over a month.Before making the trip you may want to give Audi USA the VIN and ask them to verify what is in the car.

Ialso point out that the web listing identifies the car as havinga "Manual tilting and telescoping steeringwheel". The existence of a "manual" steeringwheel is not an indication that the car has "all options". In fact, it is an admission that it is lacking one of the most convenient options. Lacking this option isnot a good signthat the original owner went for every bell and whistle. Just be careful and good luck.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:13 AM
2nd Gear

Has Riverside certified the car yet? Have you driven it yet?

Old 02-21-2008, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

No...they havent contacted me in last 7 days. I dont want to call the sales guy since he was suppose to respond to my email or call me. I am not sure if I should even go with these guys. Taking them a month and no update or follow up unless they feel like giving me an update. If I ask anything via email...I dont get a response back.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear

How about.... you go see the car?

Quick Reply: HARD TO RESIST OFFER BUT.....