Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HARD TO RESIST OFFER BUT.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 02:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: HARD TO RESIST OFFER BUT.....

I don't think you should have to press the middle button during programming (just the lock/ unlock button ) ... I would do the whole sequence again, maybe it missed something the first time.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:48 AM

If you are using blue book you might as well be making up a number. Industry standard is nada, kbb is for dealers so they can say $4k below kbb. not sayin it's not a good deal but at least look at real numbers

Old 01-30-2008, 10:14 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: TheLadyRides

So it's not so incredible when you realize that Audis are a lot like Arabian horses - ask whatever you want for them, but they'll only bring what someone's willing to pay for the privilege of having something just a cut above the average...
wow. thanks debbie downer. Thanks for the reality check. I was under the impression that I bought mine because it was a fantastic car that didn't scream I am overly concerned with letting other people know my status. Wasn't aware it was a privledge.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Senior Administrator

^^^LoLzerzz

if you wanna run tthe vin, swing by teh GenTech section. One of teh members was offering to do vin-checks for free...
https://www.audiforums.com/m_371540/tm.htm

As far as teh auction thing... Cars bought at auction generally end up AT an auction for a few very specific reasons. None of which would make you WANT to buy the car:
[ul][*]insurance auction... (car damaged and paid out by insurance. there are dozens of ways to "bury" this so it won't show up on carfax)[*]police auction... (think about it)[*]estate auction... (the only one w/o a "creepy" connotation associated with it... unless the person DIED in the car, then, EEEWWWWWW!!!!!)[/ul]
There are other reasons, but those come most easily to mind. I'd delve a little deeper into teh cars past before taking advantage of this too-good-to-be-true deal

Old 01-30-2008, 11:27 AM

absolutely look at the vin check but also check the gaps of the body panels and feel down into the gaps all the way around the car - if its rough its been painted and if the damage doesnt salvage the vehicle i wouldnt bet on it showing on the report.

dont discount the car just because its an auction vehicle esp. highline, many new car dealers dont have any desire to keep trades on the lot and will send them to auction. I just pickedup a2 owner'01 a6 2.8 quattrowith 60k miles that is perfectfor $11k. (kbb-$16k nada-$13.5k) first owner traded at the end of lease and second at the end of the certified used extended warr then the dealer auctioned it.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

It's from an Audi dealer and will be Audi certified. Do you guys think that they are going to sell me a lemon or car with any kind of damage history?

Old 01-30-2008, 04:39 PM
1st Gear

AWDaholic has it a little wrong when it comes to auctions.....

I am a used car dealer in NC. The auctions you mentioned are open to the public, so first off, dealers never even shop there. Cars end up at auctions for many reasons. It could be that the car was a trade in and the dealer has no use for the car or even one that they have had a hard time selling. 95% of the time, the cars are just trade-ins towards new cars so its not like there is something major wrong with the cars.

KBB over prices cars, I support that comment, but not by $9k. If you are getting the car $9k off of retail then you should be doing good. Look at the KBB trade in and that will show you close to what the dealer paid for it, usually a bit less.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

99A6Q I've got a couple of questions for ya. I've done a fair amount of car/motorcycle shopping the last few years, and am somewhat familiar with the various price guides (NADA, KBB, Edmunds,etc). I gather NADA is considered the one to go by, however, last time I was in the dealership the guy pulled a little"black book" out of the top drawer to get his prices. What the heck was that???
Also re: auctions, wouldn't it be unusual for a new car dealer to pick up a car at auction? I thought they were the ones sending cars to auction (thru wholesalers) to get them off their lots.
As always, just curious.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: bobbyo

99A6Q I've got a couple of questions for ya. I've done a fair amount of car/motorcycle shopping the last few years, and am somewhat familiar with the various price guides (NADA, KBB, Edmunds,etc). I gather NADA is considered the one to go by, however, last time I was in the dealership the guy pulled a little"black book" out of the top drawer to get his prices. What the heck was that???
Also re: auctions, wouldn't it be unusual for a new car dealer to pick up a car at auction? I thought they were the ones sending cars to auction (thru wholesalers) to get them off their lots.
As always, just curious.
The Black Book is wholesale prices. They get a new one each month that shows what a car would sell for at auction in Excellent, Good, Fair and Poor condition. 99A6Q, correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:16 PM
1st Gear

Has anyone dealt with Riverside Audi in NJ? I saw some disucssion on that and saw some mixed comments. Does anyone have any recent experience that they can share about Riverside Audi? Thanks

Quick Reply: HARD TO RESIST OFFER BUT.....