Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HARD TO RESIST OFFER BUT.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:08 PM
1st Gear
Default HARD TO RESIST OFFER BUT.....

I am buying 2006 A6 with 20k miles for less then $9k blue book retail price. I am buying it from Audi dealership out of state in NJ and its a certified car with all options..fully loaded. I still cannot believe that I am getting such a good price. I am suppose to see it next week but so far carfax is fine and all the pictures look ok...they are replacing some part for certification etc. but thats awful low price and I dont want to let it go. Is there any other way to double check that I am getting the right car and not a lemon or something even though I am buying it from an Audi dealership and its certified too. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT

Old 01-25-2008, 10:09 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: HARD TO RESIST OFFER BUT.....

Hey, sounds like a fantastic deal.... so...you're really asking ' what's wrong with this deal ? ' . Sounds like you feel it's too good to be true... you know the rest of the saying.

It's pretty low mileage for 2 yr. car, I would try to contact the previous owner and ask some questionis, like why they traded it in... Remember the "book retail price " is always overly high especially for Audis.
Good luck with the Audi.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

You can't even get a 2006A3 or A4 for $9k. Hell, you'd have a hard time getting a 2006 Jetta for $9k certified from a dealer. There is something that is missing from what you are saying. I just boughtmy '04 with 38k miles for $20k and thought I got a hell ofa deal.

Just look into the fine print. There are a lot of dealers who advertise the price with an asterik next to it. That asterik can say anything, like price listed reflects 50% down or something.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

not sure what you mean, are you saying that you are paying $9k, or $9k under blue book??
BENG

Old 01-26-2008, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

$9000 under blue book price (outthe door)for this model, year and mileage with the options. Under carfax it shows that the car was bought from an auction but it was owned by a single person up in NY for 2 yrs.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:55 AM

9K under blue book is a good deal. Dealers get a lot of cars from auctions so.. I wouldn't worry much about that. You can ask the dealer to check the VIN number for any maintenance that has been done. Basically, you've got a $9K buffer to cover anything that you find down the road. I say, go for it.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

Oh, $9k under Blue Book. I thought you meant you were getting it for $9k...big difference.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:12 PM
1st Gear

So it's not so incredible when you realize that Audis are a lot like Arabian horses - ask whatever you want for them, but they'll only bring what someone's willing to pay for the privilege of having something just a cut above the average...

Old 01-27-2008, 02:21 AM
2nd Gear

vagcom that thing and then BUY IT!!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 03:25 AM
1st Gear

This is sort of a related question.

I recently changed my batteries and reprogrammed the lock-unlock but my third (boot/trunk button) doesn't work. Do I need to re-program the key and press the third button somewhere in the sequence also?

Quick Reply: HARD TO RESIST OFFER BUT.....