Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got 2.7t A6 wich chip??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Got 2.7t A6 wich chip??????

I have an APR chip on the way (91 octane since that's all we get her in SoCal[&:]), along with a Samco TBB, and a pair of 710Ns for my 2000 A6 2.7T.
What spark plugs would you guys recommend for everyday driving in L.A. traffic with some highway fun thrown in? Also what is the optimum gap? TIA!

I should be installing within the next couple of weeks. I'try to take a bunch of pix and post.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:52 AM
2nd Gear

^ cool, get a few coil packs now, so you're ready when they start going.

NGK - Spark Plugs (#PFR6Q)

Old 04-08-2008, 08:56 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: GDET09

This is all really good advice for anyone who wants to mod the 2.7t such as myself. Im considering the APR over the GIAC. Sort of a newb question sorry, but whats a TBB? Im thinking it has to do with the timing belt? Where could I get the TT dv's?
It is the throttle body boot which is prone to failure on our cars, Samco makes an upgrade. Or replace it long with the front plastic bipipe withe APR bipipe which connects directly to the throttlw body, no boot, It is one solid piece... no expansion with temprature....
I like it,

YOu can get the 710N;s from the dealer or various websites like ecstuning, they are 44$ vs 120-16 for aftermarkets ones see libnk below and chose.
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...ategory=Intake

Old 04-08-2008, 09:01 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: trapped
Good Response Gigi, You have been a big help for me and your advice is great! I have a local shop that will do custom piggies for $125, but the o2 sensors are not relocated so it will most likely throw a CEL. Does that fault code eraser fix that?
As for an air filter I added the K&N drop in and it was a PITA but no real power gains. I have noticed the turbo spool is a little more noticable and god I love that sound.

What is the Throttle Body allignment program?

Also I am thinking of putting 2.5" stainless cat-back straight back to new magnaflow mufflers (oval tips) How much should I expect to pay for that alone? I can't afford a Militech cat back or anything like that so a custom is all I can do!
Thanks in Advance
Thanks. I would be careful of local shops doing this for 125$, it is a lot of work... YUO need the 02 bungs relocated, then get the slcack from you stock O2 sensor wires and you won't have any problems at all. Seriously, I would pay more and get VAST's unless you are 100% sure about the guys who is going to do the work. The fault cide eraser will make your cel go away but if you have a )2 issue, it'll come back.
I have the K&N drop in as well and can't feel any difference at all. but I did not expect any so no biggy.
The throttle body alignment allows yuo to do just that... I had to do mine after the battery was disconnected for a while, idle was off too. That fixed it. People typically do this with a VAGCOM.
Not sure how much you'll pay for yuor catback but some members here or on Audizine ahve done it... varies per shop.. maybe 500-700??

Old 04-08-2008, 09:05 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Slurm

Is there a potential problem with doing engine back upgrading with a biturbo motor? Do the stock DP's/Catback act as a bottleneck if the boost is increased via chipping? I wasnt sure if there were any backpressure related problems if you dont first change your exhaust setup.

I want the power, but i want a daily driver to hehe.
Mine is a daily driver and I haul the kids around with it. No issues. Especially with the APR chip, which is so smooth and has stock drivability.
Getting piggy pipes or DPs will definitely help though by reducing the heat build up behind the turbos.
APR chip for stage 1 goes to 1.0 bar so nothing insane...some stage 3 guys are at 23-25 lbs of boost!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 AM
1st Gear

hey guys! im back! want to say thanx for all the input provided. Alot of good info. i come from muscle car scene, priveously had a 11 sec 500 horse cobra that is gone now, so i dont know much about audis but will do my research.
So by far thats the things that im thinking of and please correct me if im wrong:
1. Work on the exhaust setup (i want those turbos to last), im more of a custom exhaust guy so i would get with my local trusted shop to see what they can do. Thinking more of just cuting out the cats keeping O2 housing in the place, and replacing muflers with 2.5 magnapacks. im just afraid it would be to loud.
2. After done with exhaust, get throtle body spacer, replace those bipies with APR peace and put a drop in K&N.
3. Deverter valves.......now here the thing: i heard that u can actualy run blow off valse but just those with the closed cerculation (closed at idle). I simply like them more for that released air sound. But dont know what beeter performance wise and safety.
4. Get the software. I like the one when i can switch beetwen the programs, APR i think (want to get 2 modes- 91 and 110). Also look for trany chip, i got a tip so i gues VAST would do it.
5. get beeter sparks and coils just for safety.
6. Hit the 1/4 and unleash the fury on all the ricers!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:08 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: formulagigi

ORIGINAL: Slurm

Is there a potential problem with doing engine back upgrading with a biturbo motor? Do the stock DP's/Catback act as a bottleneck if the boost is increased via chipping? I wasnt sure if there were any backpressure related problems if you dont first change your exhaust setup.

I want the power, but i want a daily driver to hehe.
Mine is a daily driver and I haul the kids around with it. No issues. Especially with the APR chip, which is so smooth and has stock drivability.
Getting piggy pipes or DPs will definitely help though by reducing the heat build up behind the turbos.
APR chip for stage 1 goes to 1.0 bar so nothing insane...some stage 3 guys are at 23-25 lbs of boost!
Did you have the chip done before changing your exhaust?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:48 AM
2nd Gear

yes.
chip
then piggies

then exhaust

Old 04-08-2008, 08:00 PM
1st Gear

Thanks Gigi. I think ill save up for an APR bipipe and then save for the Vast piggies and tuning. (they are about 3 hours from my place)

Old 04-08-2008, 11:18 PM

Gigi do the Piggies still allow you to pass inspection? Also is there any need to buy new o2 sensor or do the stock ones still work.

Quick Reply: Got 2.7t A6 wich chip??????