Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory stereo head unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 05:27 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Factory stereo head unit

My old A6 had the concert up front and we just thought there was no CD player but there is a 6-disc in the trunk. that was nice. but I donno if it is you casset player that is broken or the entire unit.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:47 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiSean

I wouldn't go aftermarket in these cars, I'd stick with the factory radios if possible simply to avoid problems associated with the intregal nature of the headunit and everything else in the car. You'd instantly lose the radio information present in the instrument cluster, you may lose connectivity with your CD Changer in the trunk, and you have to be careful of any issues related to a Bose system if you have one.

Since you mention that your headunit only has a cassette player and no CD I have to assume that you're talking about the Concert I stereo, single DIN. The '99.5 cars moved to the double DIN Symphony I stereo. I'm not convinced that you can install a Concert II head unit in your car (has a single CD player) because the Concert II may require the CAN-BUS wiring loom and it's not something you can easily install.

Check out the AudiWorld Audio forum for better info than I can provide: http://forums.audiworld.com/audio/
oh come on man! whats the big deal with the cluster info thing, its kinda cool to have, but is it really that hard to look at teh screen on the deck and see what cd track is currently playing? if u get it done at a shop theres not going to be problems. u can always use a converter and still use the cd changer if u see fit, or just get an mp3 player and use a single disc that fits more than the changer in the trunk or the indash changer. you get a much better higher quality signal off an aftermarket deck anyways. and btw, if you guys didnt know, the stock bose "premium" sound is poopie

Old 10-06-2006, 05:59 PM

the basic audio system is linked to the diagnostic input ( pins 4 and 7 ) to allow the dealer to scan the complete system and correct fault codes but I posted a resolve for that go look