Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

everywhere i go i see mods for A6, but NEVER the 4.2 can someone help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: everywhere i go i see mods for A6, but NEVER the 4.2 can someone help?

Yup! katcoota nailed it...2.7T great for performance mods, 4.2 great for appearance mods.

There is an aftermarket version of the RS6 trim for the narrow-body A6 (from lltek), but it is not quite the same, and does not quite flow as smoothly as the OEM RS6 stuff on the 4.2

Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: everywhere i go i see mods for A6, but NEVER the 4.2 can someone help?

ORIGINAL: petr1991

dude if you could find out for me you'd be my freakin hero.

and ill check out lltek then :-)

But yeah if you could find out some more or where your buddy got his from, it'd be amazing.

alright man asked my buddy and apparently he bought them from a local audi tuning shop we have her in dallas, but im not sure for how muc

Old 07-01-2008, 11:01 PM
1st Gear

to boston :

hey but are those pics you posted up of a rs6 conversion or of a s6? the front bumper covers from the Rs6 have mesh instead of the normal grilles as far as i know, so I thin kthose were pics of the S6 bumper covers. Needless to say though, the results are very nice. Can you estimaate a price if I wanted to do a full body kit conversion? Parts and labor apprx.

to swallx46:

damn, this would probably be asking a ton and I don't at all expect you to do this or anything, but is there any chance you could find out if the dallas tuner/dealer still has some rs6 paarts in stock and for how much he would be willing to sell./ aand possibly some contact info. Sorry to bombard you with questions here :-(

thanks to all who replied on this post, Boston's post was EXTREMELY HELPFUL.

p.s. boston, where exactly is that bar that needs to be cut in front of the radiator, not exact obviously, but could you pinpoint it a bit more specific. Thanks so much again.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:06 PM
1st Gear

oh damn, one more huge question...the A6 model of mine is a 2000...does that make a difference considering the 4.2 you showed was a 2002...

Old 07-01-2008, 11:12 PM
1st Gear

WOW THAT LIST IS VERY EXTENSIVE AND VERY EXPENSIVE!

I'll start workin some more :-(

just curious...is that the updated list? like are those apprx. prices...that are about the same today do ya think.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:25 PM
1st Gear

to boston :

hey but are those pics you posted up of a rs6 conversion or of a s6? the front bumper covers from the Rs6 have mesh instead of the normal grilles as far as i know, so I thin kthose were pics of the S6 bumper covers. Needless to say though, the results are very nice. Can you estimaate a price if I wanted to do a full body kit conversion? Parts and labor apprx.

to swallx46:

damn, this would probably be asking a ton and I don't at all expect you to do this or anything, but is there any chance you could find out if the dallas tuner/dealer still has some rs6 paarts in stock and for how much he would be willing to sell./ aand possibly some contact info. Sorry to bombard you with questions here :-(

thanks to all who replied on this post, Boston's post was EXTREMELY HELPFUL.

p.s. boston, where exactly is that bar that needs to be cut in front of the radiator, not exact obviously, but could you pinpoint it a bit more specific. Thanks so much again.

no problem ill ask my mechanic because i have to make a stop there anyway this weekend for a new dv, im pretty sure they do cost a pretty penny so be prepared to drop some on it. and the lower grills on the rs6 are mesh like the rs4 grills

Old 07-01-2008, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

to boston :

The first set of pics I posted was the only pic I had of carbonLORD"s car(houses in background) with the RS6 front bumper...not a good angle, but he has the RS6 grilles (upper and lower) with the mesh. The pics of my car(flowering trees in background) have the S6 grilles, which are very similar to the OEM grilles on the 4.2, but have vertical slats that are more prominent than the horizontal slats on the 4.2 grille, and the S6 grille is antracite vs. black. Upper and lower are plug-n-play on the 4.2 for any year 2000-2004.

Cost of the conversion? The parts listing from carbonLORD is a couple of years old, but you can go to worldimpex.com with the part numbers and get an idea of today's pricing. You can also contact Carson at Riverside Audi parts...he does discounts for online purchases, and he has a great discount for AudiWorld members (you would have to register for AudiWorld to get that discount).

As far as the bar that required cutting, I dont recall the name of the part, but it did need to be cut. I'll try to find out what that part was from carbonLORD, but no promises...I'm on vacation so my computer time is limited...

Old 07-02-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear

jeez thanks so much for all the help here :-)

all calculated the front bumper would come out to about 2800+ labor :-( jeez haha, ill check today's pricings, are al lthose parts necessary? Like does each fog light cost 150$ or whatever the price was, and does the bracket cost 70 each? I just think some ofthose prices are way overdone, I was thinking the bumper would go up to 2000$. although I will say, it's one hell of a sexy look for the 4.2 model of the A6. I will consider becoming a member of audiworld then, and when I am ready to buy, I will contact Carson.

Again, thanks for al lthe help thus far :-)

oh and will all the other Rs6 parts fit too, like the xenon headlights? Just a small question :-D