Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EPC LIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Default RE: A6 EPC LIGHT-more questions

Thanks.

Can you give me the Dummies' version of what is happening when this EPC light comes on; and what "reflash of the ecm" is?

What triggers it to malfunction?

How can I tell whether they've truly fixed it, or have just turned off the warning light?

Wouldn't a "reputable dealer" have caught this during a scheduled maintenance?

Is this the first you've heard of this issue in 2006?

How about the A4's - Any technical service bulletins on them having the same issues?

How can the service department and salesmen be so evasive? Shouldn't they at least acknowledge there's an issue WHEN ASKED point blank?

Old 05-27-2006, 09:04 PM
1st Gear

Well i dont really know if there is a Dummy version or way to explain this, not that i can think of really

A "reflash of the ecm" is when the software in the module is changed to behave a different way or a better way

If they claim to have fixed the problem but you really arent sure, there isnt any way you can tell....but the light will come back on if there is still a problem

Scheduled maintenece- I think you are a bit mistaken about this. When you bring your car in for a service and you say "Im here for my 5k or 15k service"
and you dont tell them to check out a problem you may be experiencing then they will have no reason to do so. So if you ever think there is a problem
just say something to the Service Advisor

This is the first issue like this I've heard of in the 06's or the 05's for that matter, since they are basicly the same thing, but i have dealt with the hesitation when accelerating issue

Old 05-28-2006, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

a number of things can cause the epc light. just in my experience it has only been caused by the outdated software. it sets a code for throttle position actuator code p2606 i think. im not a 100% sure. auditech04 may be able to verify this. also with any new vehicle launch such as the a6 its gonna take time to get all the bugs worked out all the software levels up to date. also for a better explanation ask the advisor to speak to one of the techs that was working on your car. then if you dont feel satisfied that they gave you an accurate answer or depiction of what is happening take it somewhere else or ask to have another tech look at it. a service advisor simply sells work...some advisors may have been a tech at one time or another but most have not, they are simply sells people who are taught to deal with people better than the tech that works on your vehicle. but then again a good service advisor will have a tech to explain something he or she doesnt know that much about. auditech04- i think ive had to do 2 or 3 reflashes for this problem before, also with the hesistation and advanced key reflash of the access start module. all the new 06's though have come with updated software. what have you guys been doing for the hesitation on take off?