Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you conceder your A6 Fast/quick
Yes
57.14%
No
42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Do you conceder your A6 Fast/quick? Stock or Modded

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:23 AM
1st Gear

I never lose on the freeway, the only place I race. Most people don't go past 125 and I'm still accelerating hard at that point. One guy in a new mustang got up to 135 with me, his car was all over the road - I'm glad he was behind me and no traffic was around. Thank god for washington state furlow days =]

01 A6 4.2, exhaust/chip

Old 10-23-2010, 11:24 PM
1st Gear

No-Brainer Disclaimer: Exceeding posted speed limits on public roads is dangerous to you and everyone else around you. If you truly want to enjoy going 'fast', keep it on the race track where it belongs.

Is my `99 A6 2.8 Quattro "quick" and/or "fast" to me? Yes and no, depending on what the road conditions are and/or what other vehicle(s) I'm comparing it to. I do agree that the C5's excessive weight can severely affect it's speed/handling, but I'd gladly take on any lighter/more powerful 2WD vehicle on a snow-covered road(...w/Winter tires on a closed coarse, of coarse). It might sound like an advertising cliche, but speed
is nothing without the ability to control it...a place where all Quattros excel.

UberTeile

Old 10-24-2010, 11:21 AM
2nd Gear
Default FIA World Rally Championship

"Her only provision was that the first 1/8 mile would be wet. "

Smart girl, even more...

Let's analyze what happens here:

Audi designed the Quattro with handling and .... in mind.
Curving, winding roads, slippery conditions, etc - you name it!

There is something called "FIA World Rally Championship" - ever heard of it?

1/4 mile - what is it? what is the driver participation here? What does the car do?
IMHO-Any clown with heavy shoes would excel at it...

If you wanna race - participate in a rally with your Audi.

You'll surprisingly find that driving takes much more then flooring the gas pedal....
What exactly -> I'll leave it to you for a consideration.

Just my 2c..

Old 11-26-2011, 01:00 PM
1st Gear

Mine's a 2007 2.7TD Quattro Avant SE and I wouldnt say its particularly fast, I've only had it a short time, I've hit 130mph with it and I'm sure it'd go a good bit more given a longer straight enough road, its pretty torquey and not much will get past me, at the end of the day if I wanted a sports car I'd have bought an R8 if I could afford it off course, I'm toying with the idea of a chip though just for a little boost in economy and BHP, not wanting to get silly with Mods on the family car.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

The thing is, just about every car feels fast when you floor it including my AUDI A6 s line (stock), but even with a good brake torque launch and no weight in my car, I still do not win often and it is very disappointing.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

Traded my '08 A6 3.2 S line for a 2011 A6 3.0T.

There is a big difference in straight line acceleration.
The 3.2 was ok, and I would call it peppy off the line.
I think 0-60 was about 6.4 or so.
Passing was a breeze.

The 3.0T actually suprised me off the line a few times in how fast it
accelerates. I usually drop it down to sport mode. Haven't used the
paddle shifters much execpt for passing.
I'm not positive on the stated 0-60 time, I'm guessing about 5.8-6.0 or so,
However, it feels much quicker than the 2008 3.2.
I AM a traffic light racer and haven't lost as of yet
(had the car about 2 months now) but haven't had the opportunity to
go against many so-called performance cars.

I will more than likely purchase the Stasis performance chip in the spring, which should knock off approx 8-9 tenths of a second off the 0-60 time.
Somewhere in the sub 5 second area. Not too shabby at all for a heavy, secure, four door luxury sedan under $60k

Old 11-30-2011, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mysterio22
The thing is, just about every car feels fast when you floor it including my AUDI A6 s line (stock), but even with a good brake torque launch and no weight in my car, I still do not win often and it is very disappointing.
It is disappointing. For me, sometimes I want to get rid of the car because of that reason. I put money into my car and you can't see it when I'm racing, the only thing that I don't have is a chip and for the money, I don't think it's worth it anymore.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:06 AM
1st Gear

What is a reasonable chip to fit a 2007 2.7T? Not wanting to spend silly money, I've seen various plug in boxes on Fleabay in various price ranges, whats the feelings on these, and are there other mods required to support them?

Old 12-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Well for you guys with the 2.7T, you have one of the ultimate potential sleeper cars out there. 320hp/365tq is only a reflash and a pair of DVs away. APR and Giac are both reputable. I have seat time in a couple APR cars and one Vast car (a stage 3 S4 that is completely brutal when it's floored). If you have the 6mt you can keep right on going with the mods and build a stage 3 setup with only the need for a clutch and the engine mods. For the tip cars, a Level10 transmission is needed for that, but having the sleeper look of the A6 with a 500hp suitcase-nuke engine is very attractive...

Old 12-04-2011, 05:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jhuffman
With the quattro and turbos, I rage through the colorado mountains at 100 mph uphill if I feel like it and never stop and wonder if I'm going to understeer into a boulder.
/fixed

And if you're on stock suspension, eventually, you will.

As far as the "fast/quick" thing goes... The 2.7T 6MT is gear-limited to 187 mph, which is, objectively, quite fast. And 6 seconds used to be a quick 0-60 time... Still feels quick to me, but it isn't, really, anymore. Around the corners, despite the weight, it can be quick with the right suspension setup.