Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Is the original post in this thread legit?
Yes, it's legit
47.62%
Nope, complete b.s.
38.10%
Not sure, I'm just a voyeur
14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Definitive Dension Gateway 500 A6 MMI Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Also

Something else, my Sat radio is gone but I have an "aux" greyed out in the source when I am in the stereo options panel. Perhaps the car has an input hiding somewhere?

Knute

Old 09-09-2009, 12:31 AM
4th Gear

Dude, STFU already....

Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
1st Gear
Default still no answer

Seriously? That's your post? I am ignorant? No sh*t genius, ignorance is the lack of knowledge and that's why there were question marks in my post. I was asking questions. My post is exactly the reason forums like this exist. Your post is the reason forums fall into disuse.

People have already said Densions are crap and others have said they are not, if you don't have anything new to say, as Midniteoyl says, please STFU. This is exactly why people decide to use other forums. I don't give a crap about Dension or any brand in particular. I want information. Now, we have another 7 posts not answering anyone's questions.

So, again. Does anyone know of an easy way to add an auxiliary input for a 3.5 cord from a palm pre for streaming through the MMI? I work online everyday as a web developer and I believe I am pretty good at querying google but haven't found anything that doesn't look shady. I don't mind paying 4-500$ if it works but it's hard to make any sort of intelligent decision when flame wars commence everywhere I look. There are tons of items that come up on car installer forums, etc, but they look too good to be true which is why I began looking around and posting on these forums in the first place.

I just want an easy aux input......... thats all. sigh..................

Old 09-28-2009, 03:22 PM

Dension is the only way to go. I am enjoying mine....If you find another product that can work with MMI fiber optic interface please let me know. I need one for my wife's car.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
2nd Gear

just wow, please lock this thread already

Old 09-28-2009, 07:07 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by smart799
Dension is the only way to go. I am enjoying mine....If you find another product that can work with MMI fiber optic interface please let me know. I need one for my wife's car.
I can't believe that every single post that you have ever made on this forum has been made in this thread.

I also can't believe that the moderator has not yet locked this thread.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:53 AM
Default Audi Music Interface

After about 12 months of searching eBay, I finally managed to buy a second hand AMI retrofit kit for the MOST fibre optic system found in the Audi cars with full MMI (I have an A6)

The part number is 4E0 035 785 B, and isn't available in the UK (I think you can get it in the USA and Germany if you have the money.)

The connectors on the back are the same as the MOST CD changer - its worth removing your CD player to make sure you have a fibre optic MOST connector (looks like a cable with two "bulbs").

I installed it in about 1hr (58 minutes spent trying to remove the CD player with CD removal keys which did nothing but shred my hands to pieces. I found a large screwdriver much more effective....

I can highly recommend the official AUDI solution if you can find it and afford it! The integration is perfect.

Installation instructions available here:
http://amiretro.blogspot.com/

Poker

Old 11-15-2009, 09:22 AM

Hey Gundo.

Thank you for a good guide. After the installation was done I tried to start my stereo. It used some time to start and when it started it turned itself of. Do you have any idea why? I wired it back to the orginal and then it worked. I do not have a cd charger.

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:38 AM
2nd Gear

Will the Moderator please stop this SPAM. Thanks.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:41 PM

This is a funny thread. There are so much fight going on here lol

Quick Reply: Definitive Dension Gateway 500 A6 MMI Install