Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Is the original post in this thread legit?
Yes, it's legit
47.62%
Nope, complete b.s.
38.10%
Not sure, I'm just a voyeur
14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Definitive Dension Gateway 500 A6 MMI Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Default You got it wrong.............

I dont know about the others but I can tell you KEVIN and everyone else I am not a salesman for anyone. I saw a product I like I did some research and bought the product. I was just looking for some information on the installation. This s a good product which i am enjoying, I have an Ipod and a 300gig external hard drive install so I have all my music with me at all times, I have a friend who is making an interface so i can watch my DVD's this is a simple plug and play system. I took my car to the dealer for service and they said it was the best afternmarket system he have seen so far, because it integrate into the car so well. So its simple if you dont like the Dension Gateway 500 DONT BUY ONE.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
3rd Gear

A word of caution to anyone who buys a Dension product in the US. Because Dension does not officially sell their products here, they will not honor the warranty.

There are plenty of retailers that sell Dension products in the US, but they are not approved resellers of Dension no matter what they say.

My Ipod adapter died 6 months after purchase and Dension said, after calling Hungary several times, they void all US sold warranties because of too much fraud. There was no way of knowing if my Icelink was real or fake as they don't sell in the US.

I could care less is this tread is a scam or not. I just want to caution everyone before spending money on a *possible* Dension product that no matter what you have no warranty or product support.

IIRC the Audi dealer does offer an ipod integration adapter for ~170.00. Well at least they did a while back for the C5.

Jeff

Old 05-21-2009, 08:26 PM
4th Gear

A word of caution to anyone who buys a Dension product in the US. Because Dension does not officially sell their products here, they will not honor the warranty.
I got pissed off once after buying a Nikon Coolpix.. for $890. After a year I looked up the updates, downloaded and got told I couldnt update and call customer service, which I did. They took my serial # and informed me I had a European version and they would not honor the warranty or updates. At all.

Buyer beware.

Oh.. that Coolpix camera is still the best I ever bought, service or not.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by smart799
I dont know about the others but I can tell you KEVIN and everyone else I am not a salesman for anyone. I saw a product I like I did some research and bought the product. I was just looking for some information on the installation. This s a good product which i am enjoying, I have an Ipod and a 300gig external hard drive install so I have all my music with me at all times, I have a friend who is making an interface so i can watch my DVD's this is a simple plug and play system. I took my car to the dealer for service and they said it was the best afternmarket system he have seen so far, because it integrateS into the car so well. So its simple if you dont like the Dension Gateway 500 DONT BUY ONE.

799 out of 800 in the Middle School student body you frequented?
If you did "research" on the product, then you should have been able to find the INSTALLATION GUIDE on its manufacturer's website...

Moreover, you miss the point entirely... on purpose (I hope; otherwise you legitimize my first question)
This IS NOT ABOUT anyone in here BUYING this product. It isn't even about the (luckily) non-copyrighted DIY posted on the Audiworld and transplanted here.
If cab_maddog is a legitimate intersted person in getting this product to integrate it with his nav system, he would be the ONLY person in here to express interest in this.
So it isn't about liking or disliking the product as a condition for buying it or not.
This hole issue is about the lack of common sense, decency, and understanding (indeed, many people don't have these attributes; or choose not to have them). There is nothing wrong with promoting a product, either efficient or not worth a frozen onion. However, there's a different forum meant to handle commercial stuff (selling; buying; promoting; ads; etc).
Yet despite so many reiterations on the appropriateness, the mule -like attitude to promote this unsupported product in the US in this A6 forum continues...
You may not be a salesman, but you need to get your head straight. Either try to become a decent and understanding person, or keep being a "smart" ***....I mean, keep being a smart799...

Old 05-21-2009, 10:22 PM
2nd Gear

I just heard of a guy who had this thing professionally installed for his son in college it worked fine for two days then he got an Err message on the screen. He drove to school and planned on dealing with it later. Came out and car would not start. After a week of B/S they finally determined that their was a virus in the Ipod that down loaded to the ecm. Audi is charging big for diag and a new ecm and will not cover it under warranty. This company will not return the guys calls or to the pro who installed it. They are ignoring him on another site where he posted requesting they cover it. Every thread about this thing on all the diff forums is planted with noobie posts. Do yourself a favor just by the CD and save your dough for the maintenance costs.

Also note that this thread was originally posted in Oct. 08 and Gundo hasn't posted a damn thing since but I guess he sits around watching this thread cause he effin answers to it... in MAY???

Last edited by Jackmup; 05-21-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:00 PM
4th Gear
Old 05-21-2009, 11:10 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Jeffla

Why should they you can barely enforce warranty state to state. Forget out of the country.

Just look at their attitude now! and we were supposed to be the prospective customers?

If they treat you this way now can you imagine after the sale.

Hosers

Last edited by Jackmup; 05-21-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 AM
1st Gear
Default You've got it wrong.

Originally Posted by Jackmup

Also note that this thread was originally posted in Oct. 08 and Gundo hasn't posted a damn thing since but I guess he sits around watching this thread cause he effin answers to it... in MAY???
Perhaps because I am subscribed to the original post? I've tried to answer questions in a timely fashion when people have asked them.

I haven't posted here because frankly, the board is pretty dead. Other forums are far more lively. As testimony, this lame thread is the 9th most viewed (after "stickys") in the entire A6 forum. Now that is a joke, and also proves that either members are interested, or they are just getting a hard-on over the controversy being stirred up.

Thanks too, because your ridiculous posts are cranking up the view counts and if I was marketing this stuff, I couldn't imagine a better outcome.

Regardless of the above, I'm legit, I was trying to help and will continue to. and yes, the product is a good one, used by hundreds of Porsche guys.

I really love the misinformation around ecu failures and virus transfer via ipod. Those are new ones - and quite creative with zero evidence to back them up. The ECU is a static ROM file, and without using the OBDII port, I'm not sure it can be accessed through the MOST ring.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Thumbs up Thank Great Post and I purchased a Dension from Mass in Richmond Hill

Hi,

Great post and thanks for the pictures. I was an inch away from doing the installation myself but paid to have it done for me instead. I had the work done by Mass Electronic in Richmond Hill, ON. (www.mass.ca) They sold me the Dension and did a great job installing it. I will post a photo later. The install took 40 minutes or so, and they charge me an hour's labour to do the job.

I am very happy with the job and the Dension 500 work 100% with my Video IPOD. Not having an IPOD connection in my 2005 A6 was the last thing wrong with my car. Now I am going to keep it for a few years more. Love it!

Petehttps://www.audiforums.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Gundo
I haven't posted here because frankly, the board is pretty dead. Other forums are far more lively.
You must be talking about a different forum.
After the A4 and TT forums is the third most active forum among models.
Probably you talk about the DIY forum...that one is dead indeed, and administrators/moderators in charge with posting write-ups in there don't answer to private messages for months...
Why didn't you post your DIY over there? Dead forum, probably...

.. and also proves that either members are interested, or they are just getting a hard-on over the controversy being stirred up.
Yepp, just like the constant influx of retarded 1-post wonders - or should we call them "one-hard on wonders"? - who make sure to keep it alive...
I agree... the "Site Sponsors and VENDORS is a dead forum.

One retard forgets he wrote that he works in sales at the D.... headquarters in Montreal, yet he needed to Google the "500" product...LOL

Thanks too, because your ridiculous posts are cranking up the view counts and if I was marketing this stuff, I couldn't imagine a better outcome.
Too bad the "view count" doesn't translate in as many sales of this "wonderful" $ 500 product. You're welcome.
Now strap your promoting ants and **** off in the "CLASSIFIEDS" or "VENDORS" forum.

Regardless of the above, I'm legit
exactly...

Quick Reply: Definitive Dension Gateway 500 A6 MMI Install