Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TO CHIP or Not TO CHIP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: TO CHIP or Not TO CHIP!!

Not sure about bigger DV's, if you'd benefit.. I know your engione cover would not fit

I had hyperboost DVs and now have maintenance free APR's but really you don't ahve to spend that kind of $ if you're on a budget. Some Stage3 guys run the 710's. I think they are liek 40 bucks or so.. aftermarket typically are 150+...

Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 AM

The A6 I saw had Baily DVs and the cover fit without an issue. I'm not sure if those are classified as "bigger" or not.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
1st Gear

I was always against chipping for different reason, but you pretty much have to chip them, the autos anyway. I try to run a older Acura TL (2003) and a Neon SRT-4, both beat me.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 PM
2nd Gear

yeap if your car is an Auto especially, it is NO match for a Neon SRT-4,even chipped I think.
The TL should be close to your car stock, but you'd definitely beat it once chipped.... Propbably run a mid 5 with chip

Old 11-28-2007, 02:41 PM
1st Gear

Thats a let down 4real because the SRT-4 only dothe 1/4 mile in a 14.7 and the A6 auto cant beat that even with the chip[sm=boosign.gif]. I had a course between the A6 and a Volvo S60 R, I went for the A6 because of the price. I really dont want to void my warranty with the chip[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 11-28-2007, 06:02 PM
2nd Gear

I know a local SRT4 that runs much faster than 14.7 stock, those are quick... Your car stock will run abuot that and low 14's chipped maybe lower if yuo can drive it If they arec indeed 14.7 cars then yuo could run with one chipped but I think they run faster than that

I doubt a dealer will void your warranty systemically due to chip! Maybe of you ahve a engine problem possibly related to the extra power, but not ALL repairs... That would not be legal I think. YUO can easily prove for example that a chip did not cause your window regualtor, or A/C unit or... to break down...

Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 AM

You could get a flashloader and switch between programs. When you take it to the dealer just flash it back to stock and they wouldn't know. I thought I heard a case of the dealer flashing over an ECU once though and wiping out someones APR or GIAC...

Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Tha Abbot

Thats a let down 4real because the SRT-4 only dothe 1/4 mile in a 14.7 and the A6 auto cant beat that even with the chip[sm=boosign.gif]. I had a course between the A6 and a Volvo S60 R, I went for the A6 because of the price. I really dont want to void my warranty with the chip[sm=headbang.gif]
This is a let down. For me, it was a toss up between theMazdaspeed 6 and theA6, but I was talking into getting the A6 because Audi is in a higher class then Mazda. Also, I thought the A6 would be a lot faster then what it is because it has the S4 engine and by it being twin turbo. I mean the car is faster then the 1999 Mazda Millenia S that i traded to get the A6, but I guess that i was thinking or hoping to beat up on bigger cars. Meaning cars other then Civics and Integras.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Tha H.N.I.C

ORIGINAL: Tha Abbot

This is a let down. For me, it was a toss up between theMazdaspeed 6 and theA6, but I was talking into getting the A6 because Audi is in a higher class then Mazda. Also, I thought the A6 would be a lot faster then what it is because it has the S4 engine and by it being twin turbo. I mean the car is faster then the 1999 Mazda Millenia S that i traded to get the A6, but I guess that i was thinking or hoping to beat up on bigger cars. Meaning cars other then Civics and Integras.
The Maszda6 is awesome for the $ and you won't have regulator, copil pack issues It is also faster than the A6 2.7T and handles better. But the Audi is a nicer car, lke you said a different/higher class! The A6 has a good engine with lots of potential too but it is too heavy, way too heavy!!!! Theb 6spd tranny helps though, about 1/2 sec faster.
Chipped though, our A6's really rock!

Old 11-29-2007, 01:11 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Burzum

You could get a flashloader and switch between programs. When you take it to the dealer just flash it back to stock and they wouldn't know. I thought I heard a case of the dealer flashing over an ECU once though and wiping out someones APR or GIAC...
I have the ability to switch b/w stock and 93. I tmight help but if they want to, they can check and see that you're chipped. there are logs I believe.

Quick Reply: TO CHIP or Not TO CHIP!!