Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best looking headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 02:03 PM

I usually drive highways late at night at high speed with my low beams. There are a few almost legally night blind driving around with their high beams on blinding everyone they pass. Some of them are drunk and weaving down the road. There are also deer jumping out of the dark.
So, go ahead and paint your car any way you you like, except the low beams. When you paint around the headlights, you will be blocking light to the perimeter of the beam. So, you may not see that deer or pedestrian.
Have you tried painting your sunroof? You could even back light it.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:48 PM

You lost me, I am painting the headlight bezels...not the car...nor am I painting the sunroof (how would you back-light it?). I don't see how painting around the low beam would effect forward light seeing how it is a projector which projects light from the lens straight forward. I would think any light that is reflecting back from the headlight lens would be negligible but perhaps I am incorrect. I am thinking your opinion would be to leave the headlight stock then?

Old 01-03-2010, 10:11 PM

Even though they may be called projector lense headlights, that does not mean that all of the light will go straight ahead as in a movie projector. If that were done, then you would have trouble on uneven curved roads or at hill tops. As you approach the top of a hill with a curve on the far side the headlights need to give some light below and to the sides to prevent total blackout. The faster the car is driven, the less time there is to react, so fixed headlights need to cover a wider area than if they were aimed by your eyes. When heading downhill many head lights are designed so that the following uphill road may be dimly lit or not at all. This is done to prevent blinding oncoming traffic on level straight roads.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:55 AM
1st Gear

You know....I actually never really liked the blacked out bezels. I think it makes cars look funny....like a raccoon or something. To each his own.