Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audis are overengineered pos's!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Edo
1st Gear

Thanks Sheldon

I have had 2 failures (Explorer 2 miles from home) the van on a road trip that required a hotel stay. I ended up replacing it in the parking lot of an autoparts store with borrowed tools. Don't care to repeat this experience.

I have not had the pleasure of pulling the bumper loose. But, with the set of ramps I am about to buy and getting tired of forking over a minimum of $250.00 for any repair, I may challenge myself.

Ed

Old 03-16-2013, 08:06 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs down alternator...

I think i replaced mine around 150,000 miles. UPDATE... I just brought my car to the dealership, out of desperation, and they did a butcher job!! I had them scan it, they told me first step was to get the MAF working, i agreed. They told me for 160$, they would replace the harness and MAF connector. They called me and said after the job was completed they determined that my MAF(brand new one) was bad. They gave me a price on a new one, $518 parts and labor...I wanted to tell them get fu@*ed...I got home and was ready to try and get a refund for the one I just bought when I decided to look under my hoos at the work they did. They just spliced in some wires, used the same connector pins( which were all jumbled around in diff directions) and put electrical tape on it which looked like a 2 yr old did it. If you plug the connector in to the MAF, the pins dont line up or connect, so how can they determine that my MAF is bad..If they dont give me my money back, minus the 95$ disg charge, I'm calling the better business bureau... Basically, I have a car that is unfixible!!!...I have 269,000 miles on it, but I just recently spent $2700 putting another motor in it, so selling it would be a sad option. I'm not happy with the way those so-called professional scumbags at Wyoming Valley Motors handled my car.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Edo
1st Gear

Why would they need to splice the MAF harness? Unless it was bad, just unplug and put in the new one?

Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 PM
1st Gear

The way i understood it was that they were going to replace the whole wiring harness due to the fact that to of the pins in the connector were damaged. all they did was find some bs wires and re pin the connectors . and on the work order it says we attempted to repair maf wires. so how can they determine my brand new maf is bad just by going by their attempt to fix the connectors ?
i brought my car there as a lase resort thinking, ok,it'll cost me some dough, but at least it will be fixed. I'm so ready to smash this car up and collect the insurance money since its unfixable. it shakes so bad sometimes it feels like its gonna blow up!!!! Its just rediculous that i can't get a brand new maf to work.

Last edited by marcb0127t; 03-22-2013 at 08:13 PM.