Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi a6 vs. Altima SE R

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Default RE: Audi a6 vs. Altima SE R

It's turn radius isn't as good, the weight is less by only by a few hundred lbs. and it has less torque, you would beat it in corners, tell him... straight lines are for pnssies!

Old 04-15-2008, 03:47 PM
2nd Gear

Lol Event. Nissan makes a damn good V6 I must say.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

Altima wins for sure. if you are racing straight or in curbed roads. altima will handle better on both. you imght have chance on passing him through inside on corners though.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:36 PM

Huh? What's that got to do with driving skill in twisties?

I like Nissan, was gonna get a G35 coupe but went for the A6 since I live in the NW and wanted AWD (4 door G35 is ugly)...

besides the 0-60 and 1/4 miles are similar, while the Audi has better cornering/handling (AWD vs FF) is all I'm getting at.

Matbe I should try driving one before I base everythign on stats and the like.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

The only problem with Nissan's are the ultra-cheap interiors. Seriously....did they hire the guy who designed Pontiac interiors in the 80s or something? The plastics are just boring and they rely way too heavily upon orange LCDs. For those vehicles with gray interiors, the paint on the plastic gets scratched and you end up seeing black underneath.

The leather they use(for instance the seats in theMurano and 350Z) are horrible as well....they might as well just use vinyl as it would be softer.

As to their engines, they have some pretty good performance and I think the Nissan would pull away from the Audi on dry pavement, but as far as Japanese automakers go - Nissan is lightyears behind Honda and Toyota. Even their luxury cars (Infinity) are way behind Acura and Lexus.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: event

Huh? What's that got to do with driving skill in twisties?

I like Nissan, was gonna get a G35 coupe but went for the A6 since I live in the NW and wanted AWD (4 door G35 is ugly)...

besides the 0-60 and 1/4 miles are similar, while the Audi has better cornering/handling (AWD vs FF) is all I'm getting at.

Matbe I should try driving one before I base everythign on stats and the like.
way car handles has lot to do with condition of driving. adui has advantage with all wheel to handl better on coners, but it can be beaten easily if your skills are not up to it.
driving skill well count man. that can make car faster or slower in twsites.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:03 AM
1st Gear

If you are doing the old fashion traffic light, drag race type scenario, I hate to say it, but this Altima will easily win . Unfortunately, this is thesetup you would most likely end up with unless yougo to atrack day and time each other.

Stock the Altima has 250hp and is lighter than the Audi. The Audi also loses more in the drive train as it has to turn 4 wheels. Laws of physics don't change for Audis .

Add to that a supercharger on the Altima which could raise the output by up to 1.5 times that. The result is 250 x 1.5 = 375hp!

Now admittedly the Altima is a front wheel drive (ha ha) but the only way the Audi would win in a straight line is if the other person can't control the power.

On a track with twisties (not a big oval), the stock Audi should make it a lot more challenging.

While we are talking Nissan, the GT-R is the best Japanese sports car by far