Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?

A race car is a race car and a luxury performance sedan is just that. Whenever you want to increase performance, you have to realize that some luxury will be given up. The more performance, the harsher the ride. That is why the RS4/M3's are such great cars. They are a nice balance of both worlds.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:45 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: tsbpenguin

ORIGINAL: Kevin

It seem like the Don Quixote complex has spread. Just let me know when the race is takng place so that I can make some money.
With what? Your super fast 4.2? Don't make me laugh...
I was going to put my money on the STi.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
1st Gear

It seem like the Don Quixote complex has spread.
I don't think I understand you correctly. I was the first one to suggest that a race from 70 mph (fine, I said 75) to 130 mph could be, and most likely would be very close. Tsb has agreed with me, along with some encouraging words from other individuals, so how is this an example of the Don Quixote complex? It's not like no one understands me. I also understand the points that you've made, and agreed with them. For example, you said that the STi would blow him away from 0-60. I agree 100%. You also said that the A6 is not a race car. I also agree with you on that 100%.

So, I don't even know where our main argument has gone, because at this point I agree with you on everything, and I even mentioned the fact that it would be an ideal race from 75-130, and you persist in making flippant comments as if I have no idea what I'm talking about when I mentioned the same points you insist I'm not making 2 pages ago. That's my one beef.

Like I've mentioned before, I'm not trying to be a spoil sport, or a jerk at all, I'm just clearing up issues that deserve to be cleared up.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:42 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Batteries

It seem like the Don Quixote complex has spread.
I don't think I understand you correctly. I was the first one to suggest that a race from 70 mph (fine, I said 75) to 130 mph could be, and most likely would be very close. Tsb has agreed with me, along with some encouraging words from other individuals, so how is this an example of the Don Quixote complex? It's not like no one understands me. I also understand the points that you've made, and agreed with them. For example, you said that the STi would blow him away from 0-60. I agree 100%. You also said that the A6 is not a race car. I also agree with you on that 100%.

So, I don't even know where our main argument has gone, because at this point I agree with you on everything, and I even mentioned the fact that it would be an ideal race from 75-130, and you persist in making flippant comments as if I have no idea what I'm talking about when I mentioned the same points you insist I'm not making 2 pages ago. That's my one beef.

Like I've mentioned before, I'm not trying to be a spoil sport, or a jerk at all, I'm just clearing up issues that deserve to be cleared up.
I am glad that we are in agreement.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Tha H.N.I.C

So ANYWAY back on topic.. Lets hear some more opinions about the STi vs APR A6 race?
over hyped or over rated, there is no way that an chipped A6is going to beat a stock STI. point blank. a stock STI does a 1/4 mile somewhere in the low 13's. depending on the driver. a stock A6does the 1/4 mile in what....i'm guessing somewhere in the mid 15's maybe? i'm basing that on the nissan maxima because they are about the same size, hp, and weight. with the weight of the A6, i doubt that a chip is going to knock 3 second of the car. even if you change the tires from all season to summer, i still dont think it will happen. the STI it built to race and the A6 isnt.

btw....a REAL doesnt start from a rolling start. to me, that a cop out. lol...in track and field, they dont start a race from a walking start.
Haha mid 15s no. Mid 14s yes. You honestly don't think 70hp and 130 ft lbs would lower a time at least a second? Get real dude its much more of a competition than you think.

Roll races arent a cop out. Just another form. Its not like just because you race from a roll you can ONLY race from a roll. Track and field example, they have different lengths of races. Different people are better at different lengths. Well certain cars are better at certain types of racing. If roll racing is to your advantage, why not do it.
You are right, in track in field, they do have different race lengths. With the exception of relay race where you get handed the stick from a running start, but the race still starts from the starting block.

Just give it a rest, you are not going to beat your homeboy’s car. You don’t even have the car yet, so why are you dwelling over it?

I was was right on my guess. i didnt some research, and the A6 does a 1/4 mile in a 15.3, so my S-Line MIGHT do a 15 or a lil less, but not by that much

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt1848.shtml

Old 10-22-2007, 12:38 PM

So ANYWAY back on topic.. Lets hear some more opinions about the STi vs APR A6 race?
over hyped or over rated, there is no way that an chipped A6is going to beat a stock STI. point blank. a stock STI does a 1/4 mile somewhere in the low 13's. depending on the driver. a stock A6does the 1/4 mile in what....i'm guessing somewhere in the mid 15's maybe? i'm basing that on the nissan maxima because they are about the same size, hp, and weight. with the weight of the A6, i doubt that a chip is going to knock 3 second of the car. even if you change the tires from all season to summer, i still dont think it will happen. the STI it built to race and the A6 isnt.

btw....a REAL doesnt start from a rolling start. to me, that a cop out. lol...in track and field, they dont start a race from a walking start.
Haha mid 15s no. Mid 14s yes. You honestly don't think 70hp and 130 ft lbs would lower a time at least a second? Get real dude its much more of a competition than you think.

Roll races arent a cop out. Just another form. Its not like just because you race from a roll you can ONLY race from a roll. Track and field example, they have different lengths of races. Different people are better at different lengths. Well certain cars are better at certain types of racing. If roll racing is to your advantage, why not do it.
You are right, in track in field, they do have different race lengths. With the exception of relay race where you get handed the stick from a running start, but the race still starts from the starting block.

Just give it a rest, you are not going to beat your homeboy’s car. You don’t even have the car yet, so why are you dwelling over it?

I was was right on my guess. i didnt some research, and the A6 does a 1/4 mile in a 15.3, so my S-Line MIGHT do a 15 or a lil less, but not by that much

Oh i really don't care if he will/does beat me, that's the thing. I just care that everyone is getting so worked up over a stupid topic, starting a bunch of **** that doesnt need to be started. Not saying you, just this thread in general.

I'll just go stage 3, and tell him i'm stock. How about that everyone? Haha some people will probably say i'll still lose...

Old 10-22-2007, 01:08 PM
1st Gear

Is it really that serious, I mean, so what if he beats you. The only thing it will prove is that his race car that was designed to perform beats your luxury car. You just need more mods, but then again, is it really that serious.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

Oh i really don't care if he will/does beat me, that's the thing. I just care that everyone is getting so worked up over a stupid topic, starting a bunch of **** that doesnt need to be started. Not saying you, just this thread in general.

I'll just go stage 3, and tell him i'm stock. How about that everyone? Haha some people will probably say i'll still lose...
I found out that no one is running stock anymore. I ran this Legacy GT about 3 weeks ago because he looked stock and since I’m stock I knew that I could beat him. WRONG ANSWER!!! I heard his blow off valve, his bigger turbo, and his full exhaust.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Tha Abbot

Is it really that serious, I mean, so what if he beats you. The only thing it will prove is that his race car that was designed to perform beats your luxury car. You just need more mods, but then again, is it really that serious.
Read what i posted right before you. I JUST said I honestly don't care if he beats me it's just a thread asking a question. I don't get why everyone thinks i care if he beats me. So what his 32,000 dollar car beats my 10,000 car? If i put $22k more into the car it wouldnt even be a question...

Old 10-22-2007, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Tha Abbot

Read what i posted right before you. I JUST said I honestly don't care if he beats me it's just a thread asking a question. I don't get why everyone thinks i care if he beats me. So what his 32,000 dollar car beats my 10,000 car? If i put $22k more into the car it wouldnt even be a question...
See, that responce shows that you care and when people read your responces they put there $10 in.

Quick Reply: A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?