Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Default RE: A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?

ORIGINAL: formulagigi

I saw a GT3 put down 686RWHP last week on the dyno!
686?????????????? That is absolutely SICK.... Oh wow what it would be to have that at my finger tips...

Old 10-20-2007, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: A6Quattro4.2Sport

TS all I can do is inform of what MODS I have added and what the dyno guy informed me for HP based on the print out he gave me.... I actually am going to see him next weekend to see if he had a copy to give me since my 4 year old decided to use mine as a placemat... The guy is very reputable and extremely knowledgeable as he has been doing this for almost 25 years.. SoI cannot argue the point of yes it is accurate or no it is not,I am stock at 300 HP added the 93 APR chip, exhaust and filter and 376 is what he came up with at dyno time...
First off STi's are 300 bhp not whp. Turns into about 240-260whp depending on the car, place, dyno, weather, etc.

Second off with those mods i would guess it was on a mustang dyno (they're not as accurate).

None the less i'd say it will be a close race to an STi.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:34 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: tsbpenguin

ORIGINAL: Kevin

ORIGINAL: tsbpenguin

So ANYWAY back on topic.. Lets hear some more opinions about the STi vs APR A6 race?

Still looking for someone to tell you what you obviously want to hear? Still trying to come to terms with the fact that your friend has a quicker car than the one you are thinking of buying?
Haha no see I don't care because 1, I'm spending 10k he spent 32k. 2, after spending around 7k in mods (17k total vehicle cost) i will walk him and most other cars on the street. So i don't need any consolation. Pull the stick out of your *** and play nice.
If you don't care, and don't need consolation, as you claim, why do you keep seeking to have someone agreethat your perfectly good highway cruising luxury car is a 0-60 bullet? Its not. Enjoy the car for what it is. Fast, comfortable and reasonably quick,butnot the quickest car on the block.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:33 PM

If you don't care, and don't need consolation, as you claim, why do you keep seeking to have someone agreethat your perfectly good highway cruising luxury car is a 0-60 bullet? Its not. Enjoy the car for what it is. Fast, comfortable and reasonably quick,butnot the quickest car on the block.
Im not claiming it to be a 0-60 bullet by any means. It's too heavy. But a roll race is a different story. If you are that ignorant about the car's ability go watch some s4 videos on youtube/streetfire. The a6 has the same engine, same tranny, and just an extra 100lbs so why is it so hard to believe it would have the same tendencies as the s4? The a6 is actually lighter than the s4 avants...

Old 10-20-2007, 06:47 PM
2nd Gear

I don't need to watch videos. I have driven A6s, STis, F430s, Aston Martins, Bentley GTs, Lamborghinis, Ford GTs, 911 turbos and many more street cars. I have also driven NASCAR at Pocono. I have first hand knowledge ofthe quickness and the speed of cars and do not need to watch videos.

I am glad that you finally seem to have agreed thatthe A6 is heavy and not a 0-60 car. In time you may even agree that while it is an ok1/4 mile car it is not a pack leader. With that said, I think the A6 is a great highway car that does well in the 70-130 range, especially if chipped.

With that said, the only roll race youstay close to the STi will be one that starts at 70MPH or above. So I suggest that you visit the Autobahn, otherwise just sign the title over to your friend.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:53 PM

I don't need to watch videos. I have driven A6s, STis, F430s, Aston Martins, Bentley GTs, Lamborghinis, Ford GTs, 911 turbos and many more street cars. I have also driven NASCAR at Pocono. I have first hand knowledge ofthe quickness and the speed of cars and do not need to watch videos.

I am glad that you finally seem to have agreed thatthe A6 is heavy and not a 0-60 car. In time you may even agree that while it is an ok1/4 mile car it is not a pack leader. With that said, I think the A6 is a great highway car that does well in the 70-130 range, especially if chipped.

With that said, the only roll race youstay close to the STi will be one that starts at 70MPH or above. So I suggest that you visit the Autobahn, otherwise just sign the title over to your friend.

I thought u had finally gathered an understanding of the car's capability but obviously not.

For the about the 6th time (feels like the 100th) we're not talking about a stock a6 here. We are talking chipped. And as for the capability im DEFINITELY not talking stock. Im saying with stage 3, the a6 will take most of the "street kings" even when they are modified.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:12 AM
1st Gear

I think the A6 is a great highway car that does well in the 70-130 range, especially if chipped.

I've made sure to bold all the statements of your post that were established on the first page, yet you continue todiscuss them as ifyou areoffering upprofound statements .Tsb has long acknowledged the fact that he is not looking for a 0-60 victory here, so why is there STILL discussion about this on the third (and possibly fourth) page of this post? I acknowledged that he would excel from 75-130 on the FIRST page of this topic, and after that point, we stopped talking about a0-60victorybecause it's a lost cause and won't happen.....

I have first hand knowledge of the quickness and the speed of cars and do not need to watch videos.
I didn't want to quote the vast number of cars you've driven, because that would just take up an unnecessary amount of space in my already excessively long post. It's wonderful that you had such a great opportunity to drive such exotic machines, but unless you've driven an APR chipped A6 (with the other performance goodies that he has) against a stock '06 STi in the same atmospheric conditions, I don't think your "performance car driving credentials" offer any legitimacy to your post(s). The fact that you are on the verge ofdeclaring videos to be a worthless source of knowledge troubles me. I'm glad you know how fast a Ford GT and a 911 Turboare while we do not, but in this instance, videos of similarly equipped cars are more helpful in determining who will win and at what speedsthan the fact thatyou've driven a Ferrari F430. And even since you've driven an STi and A6, unless you drove them against each other, each car's sensation of speed is different. Judging who will win based on a seat of the pants "this car feels faster" scale is impossible to do accurately.

I'm sorry to sound so aggressive, it's just that at this point of the topic I'm getting tired (as is tsb)of re-establishing the situation of the racewhich wasdone long ago.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:30 AM
2nd Gear

It seem like the Don Quixote complex has spread. Just let me know when the race is takng place so that I can make some money.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:38 AM

It seem like the Don Quixote complex has spread. Just let me know when the race is takng place so that I can make some money.
With what? Your super fast 4.2? Don't make me laugh...

Old 10-21-2007, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear

bunch of funny guys here!!! You guys are pretty hard on each other... it is just a post on an Audi Enthusiasts' forum... We're not deciding on the fate of the world here

Quick Reply: A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?