Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Default RE: A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?

ORIGINAL: Kevin

ORIGINAL: tsbpenguin

So ANYWAY back on topic.. Lets hear some more opinions about the STi vs APR A6 race?

Still looking for someone to tell you what you obviously want to hear? Still trying to come to terms with the fact that your friend has a quicker car than the one you are thinking of buying?
Haha no see I don't care because 1, I'm spending 10k he spent 32k. 2, after spending around 7k in mods (17k total vehicle cost) i will walk him and most other cars on the street. So i don't need any consolation. Pull the stick out of your *** and play nice.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: A6Quattro4.2Sport

Ok, not to hijack the thread, but since we are on the subject of A6 verse STI; I have an 03 A6 Quattro Sport 4.2 with APR chip, Millitek exhaust, 01032 tiptronic upgrade, Tein coilovers, Hotchkis sway barkit and an NX TPS nitrous kit. Was going to add the 355mm Brembo kit and wife said get it and go live in the car, so I decided to keep my bed... LOL...The car was dynoed without running the NOS at 376HP to the wheels... Do you think I have a chance against a stock STI??
Considering stock STi's dyno around 240awhp id say there's not much chance you wouldnt beat him. Even with 600 extra lbs if you really have 126 extra whp you shouldnt have a problem.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear

I am thinking his hp # is an estimated crank hp # based onthe dyno Whp

Old 10-20-2007, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear

I saw a GT3 put down 686RWHP last week on the dyno!

Old 10-20-2007, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: formulagigi

It would make more sense with his mods. He said "to the wheels" but i'm not so sure.

In that case id say it'd be a close race and the STi may even pull him.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Kevin

Ok, not to hijack the thread, but since we are on the subject of A6 verse STI; I have an 03 A6 Quattro Sport 4.2 with APR chip, Millitek exhaust, 01032 tiptronic upgrade, Tein coilovers, Hotchkis sway barkit and an NX TPS nitrous kit. Was going to add the 355mm Brembo kit and wife said get it and go live in the car, so I decided to keep my bed... LOL...The car was dynoed without running the NOS at 376HP to the wheels... Do you think I have a chance against a stock STI??
Better chance than TSB, but the weight will be a problem.
Yeah it is a heavy sucker, but sexy as all heck.. Thanks for the input much appreciated.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:39 PM

WOW that IS impressive considering the low mod potential of the 4.2!!! 376AWHP!!!!! What dyno? I would think it should the # of HP you have at the crank! I am really impressed Isn't is 340hp crank stock? and the chip+exhaust should 20-30hp!... Anything else on it?

I think you have shot if it is your real AWHPbut the auto trany will kill you from a dig... go form a roll
Do not be impressed my wife is pissed and pockets are empty... LOL And I ran it at a local Dyno here where I live that does all the dyno work for Lebanon Valley Speedway.. And as stated what came up at time of dyno was 376 to the wheels.. nothing else I mean a K&N filter, but not worth mentioning...

Old 10-20-2007, 04:41 PM

Considering stock STi's dyno around 240awhp id say there's not much chance you wouldnt beat him. Even with 600 extra lbs if you really have 126 extra whp you shouldnt have a problem.
STI's Dyno at 240??? Darn I thought they were hitting 300's all day long...

Old 10-20-2007, 04:43 PM

Yeah that was my first time at a Dyno outside of my 1999 ZX-9 putting 183 to the wheels..... Of course I got rid of it when a pitbull ran out in front of me sending me rolling for almost 30 yards.. no injuries though thank goodness..

Old 10-20-2007, 04:47 PM

TS all I can do is inform of what MODS I have added and what the dyno guy informed me for HP based on the print out he gave me.... I actually am going to see him next weekend to see if he had a copy to give me since my 4 year old decided to use mine as a placemat... The guy is very reputable and extremely knowledgeable as he has been doing this for almost 25 years.. SoI cannot argue the point of yes it is accurate or no it is not,I am stock at 300 HP added the 93 APR chip, exhaust and filter and 376 is what he came up with at dyno time...

Quick Reply: A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?