Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:00 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?

Refer to these clips, we do have the same motor but we should be able to do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz8ZuA0PUEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoes0...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zb37...ted&search=

Old 10-18-2007, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: tsbpenguin

ORIGINAL: Cappachinoo

You have a luxury sport cruiser, not a race car like the STI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUHa8Pjk08
Seen the video.

And what's your point? It may be a luxury cruiser however with the same engine as the s4, and only 100lbs lighter, i see no reason why it cant run like a sports car while maintaining it's luxury cruiser status. That's half the appeal. Who would expect a 3800lb audi boat to walk an STi?

Don't have the car yet but i'll make sure to get videos. Im thinking, APR Chip (since its already installed), VAST dp's, and a DIY dual front mount system. I have 4 2.5" 90 degree mandrel bends and 4' of 2.5" straight pipe so i was thinking if i buy a bunch of intercooler coupler tube i can try to create a DIY dual front mount system for around 400 dollars. May not be perfect but it'd be better than spending 2 grand on a kit.
My point is, itsnot a race car, its a luxury sport car.....my point is, stock, your car wont beat an STI, my point is, even with all them upgrade you have, you still wont beat the STI, Oh, that S4 in the video has 340hp, not 250hp like the old S4, so if your match the STI with and 2000-2002 S4, the STI would still win

Your catching feelinglike I'm talking about your girl or something, go put STI on her forhead and beat that.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:27 PM

Seen the video.

And what's your point? It may be a luxury cruiser however with the same engine as the s4, and only 100lbs lighter, i see no reason why it cant run like a sports car while maintaining it's luxury cruiser status. That's half the appeal. Who would expect a 3800lb audi boat to walk an STi?

Don't have the car yet but i'll make sure to get videos. Im thinking, APR Chip (since its already installed), VAST dp's, and a DIY dual front mount system. I have 4 2.5" 90 degree mandrel bends and 4' of 2.5" straight pipe so i was thinking if i buy a bunch of intercooler coupler tube i can try to create a DIY dual front mount system for around 400 dollars. May not be perfect but it'd be better than spending 2 grand on a kit.
My point is, you dont have a race car.....my point is, stock, your car wont beat an STI, my point is, even with all them upgrade you have, you still wont beat the STI.

Your catching feeling and you dont even have the car, you are acting like I'm talking about your girl or something, go put STI on her forhead and beat that.
Haha wow that's a whole lot of **** talk over nothing. I wasn't catching feeling at all just disagreeing with you. Stock, the STi would walk me. But with chip it'd be close. And with the other two mods following that it would probably pull the STi.

And that wouldnt be a half bad idea except that i'm out of fluids because i already beat on your girls forhead. Thanks for you input

Old 10-18-2007, 02:39 PM

Seen the video.

My point is, you dont have a race car.....my point is, stock, your car wont beat an STI, my point is, even with all them upgrade you have, you still wont beat the STI.

Your catching feeling and you dont even have the car, you are acting like I'm talking about your girl or something, go put STI on her forhead and beat that.
Haha wow that's a whole lot of **** talk over nothing. I wasn't catching feeling at all just disagreeing with you. Stock, the STi would walk me. But with chip it'd be close. And with the other two mods following that it would probably pull the STi.

And that wouldnt be a half bad idea except that i'm out of fluids because i already beat on your girls forhead. Thanks for you input
The key word is GIRLS, you must have heard about me. I'll teach you some game someday, I guess thats why my car is still stock, All the GIRLS I spend money on.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:14 PM

The key word is GIRLS, you must have heard about me. I'll teach you some game someday, I guess thats why my car is still stock, All the GIRLS I spend money on.
Haha yes im sure. A true internet pimp!

I think it's you that needs the teaching. You don't need to spend money to get ***** my man.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 PM
2nd Gear

The STi will destroy you. Don't waste your time or your money.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Kevin

Not wasting it. I'm getting the car wether or not it will beat an STi. Just considering the possibilities after upgrades. ko4's seems to be the way to go though.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yoes07_kpx8
That s4 with ko4's eats the STi alive...

Old 10-18-2007, 09:07 PM

and here's a DIFFERENT ko4 S4 keeping up with an F430.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-dOtdGX9sPM

Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 PM
1st Gear

Untrue. He will not DESTROY him. Why is everyone so dramatic...? Chipped the 2.7T is pushing 310 at the crank, with about 350 lb/feet. STi is 300/300. Yes, the STi is significantly lighter, but I personally think you'd have a shot if you went from a roll. The higher speed roll you start at, I'm guessing the better chances you have. From a dig, while you will have more torque than the STi, your launch still won't be too impressive because the A6 is one big, heavy mother, and if anyone here knows anything about STis/Evos is that they are launch monsters.

At high speeds, though, weight penalities are diminished and your superior torque, not to mention two more cylinders should help you keep up. A Stage II (chip + exhaust) S4 tops out at more than 170 mph (GPS verified). I don't see any reason for the A6 being much slower, and stock STi sure as hell isn't getting up that high. (not that you're racing that high, just saying)

You MIGHT nudge past him at over 100 mph, but it's highly unlikely you'll get a decisive victory EVEN from a high roll. It'll be an admirable loss though, not some sort of slaughter, blow-out, massacre like the guys here seem to want you to think, tsb.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:31 PM
2nd Gear

Doubt it, big variable is the driver. I agree wit the above comment. Llke i said before, wieght is your issue when pulling away from the line. With assuming equal drivers, he'll pull from a dig. From a roll, it'll be closer nut I still give the STI the advantage, slight though because your mid range torque will do magic

Quick Reply: A6 w/ APR vs. Stock 06 STi?