Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Multitronic CVT judder

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 11:48 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by shabaz
In the UK the CVT transmission oil needs replacing every 40,000 miles and requires the gearbox temperature to be at 45C. Use VAGCOM software to do this. Also you will need a special refill tool VAS 5162. The refill method is impoertant and must be done with the engine running to as the temperature rises to 45C, excess fluid runs out. The filler plug must be secure brfore the engine is switched off otherwise a litre of fluid will be lost. I am not aware of any failures in the UK but I would chanage your oil first to see if there is an improvement. Make sure that whoever does it, they know what they are doing.
hello ,thats really useful to know..im hoping you or someone might have a bit of knowledge on these cvt boxes..im really struggling to get info on the diff side of things..i have an 2002 a6 with 6 speed multitronic cvt transmission which too be honest has never missed a beat..over the last year or so its developed a whining noise..ive pretty much narrowed it down to the transmission/diff and believe its the diff as when i changed the oil it quietend down a tad however for what ever reason the damage has been done so my question is..are parts of this diff replaceable without stripping the transmission and can work be carried out on the diff without taking the box out..to me it sounds like a bearing rather than warn cogs..the noise is there from probably 5 mph and increases with speed and changes with road speed