Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7 days into ownership, rearended by old guy

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Default 7 days into ownership, rearended by old guy

I'm so pissed. Saturday afternoon, I went out of my way to get Sonic because it sounded really good and as I sit in line waiting for about 10 minutes at the stupid drive thru I feel my car buck like I stalled it. I checked and the carwas inneutral, then I hear a person yell, "My bad!" Some old guy in his Saturn just drove right into me. He had a license plate on the front of the car and the two screw heads went right into the bumper...so now it looks like I had Parktronic in the middle of my bumper. I called his insurance company and filed a claim, but in Missouri there are no fault laws in parking lots so it looks like I'll have to bend over on this one.[:'(]

Old 06-18-2007, 12:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 7 days into ownership, rearended by old guy

I'd a punched his fu*king lights out!

OOOO

Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM

you say it was a drive through? is that classed as a parking lot??

Old 06-18-2007, 02:29 PM

I got caught with the no fault on private property when my old car was totaled by a guy in a F-150 because he was going over 35 ina parking lot and couldnt stop at the end of the row. I did get rear ended by a kid at school in a dodge neon but there wasnt any damage so i just yelled at him a bunch and left

Old 06-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Default RE: 7 days into ownership, rear ended by old guy

again what do you call a drive through and surly its not for parking?,
why not approach the old gentleman im sure he will pay for the damage

Old 06-18-2007, 02:40 PM

Comparative fault, not "no fault". Big difference. The no-fault states are— Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and Utah

"Since 1983 Missouri has been a pure comparative fault state. According to the MO Department of Insurance (DOI) pure comparative fault allows your damages to be reduced by the percentage you are at fault in a loss. Insurers are allowed to investigate an accident and make a decision as to the percentage of fault of all individuals involved.
The DOI continues on to say that if you disagree with the insurance company's findings and voluntary offers based on results you can consult an attorney. From this information generally one in your place would turn over the facts of the accident to their insurance company so they can investigate and determine who is partly or fully at fault and pay accordingly."

Unless you were backing up, it is not your fault.
Sue!!![sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 06-18-2007, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: daroshi

Comparative fault, not "no fault". Big difference. The no-fault states are— Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and Utah

"Since 1983 Missouri has been a pure comparative fault state. According to the MO Department of Insurance (DOI) pure comparative fault allows your damages to be reduced by the percentage you are at fault in a loss. Insurers are allowed to investigate an accident and make a decision as to the percentage of fault of all individuals involved.
The DOI continues on to say that if you disagree with the insurance company's findings and voluntary offers based on results you can consult an attorney. From this information generally one in your place would turn over the facts of the accident to their insurance company so they can investigate and determine who is partly or fully at fault and pay accordingly."

Unless you were backing up, it is not your fault.
Sue!!![sm=shootshoot.gif]
You must be an attorney.

I got the managers name that was on duty who came out and heard the old man saying it was his fault. I'm hoping his insurance company just calls him and asks if he was in an accident, he says yes, and we move on.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:05 PM

I got the managers name that was on duty who came out and heard the old man saying it was his fault. I'm hoping his insurance company just calls him and asks if he was in an accident, he says yes, and we move on..

on this basis you have a very good chance ( us old people are very understanding you know )

Old 06-18-2007, 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

I got the managers name that was on duty who came out and heard the old man saying it was his fault. I'm hoping his insurance company just calls him and asks if he was in an accident, he says yes, and we move on..

on this basis you have a very good chance ( us old people are very understanding you know )
When I say old, I don't mean 45 or 50. This guy probably shouldn't have been driving, which makes me think he might have forgotten he was even driving on Saturday.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Default RE: 7 days into ownership, rear ended by old guy

actually we only tolerate you young buggers because you are jealous that we are better at lower speeds and you cant handle itj/k

Quick Reply: 7 days into ownership, rearended by old guy