Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.2 tip video and review

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:22 PM
1st Gear
Default 4.2 tip video and review

ok so it has been a few weeks and I wanted to get you guys the the review and feed back on my file. This has been the best thing you can do for the car. This is a night and day difference. it dose not matter 4.2 or 2.7 this is the best thing you can do to your tip. The video dose not do a good job of showing you the real quickness in the shift. but you can clearly see it shifts faster and there is no loop in the shift

review. The trans program seems to learn over the week or so. The trans seems to shift faster and harder over time. I was able to switch back to the stock trans file and I didn't even want to drive the car with the stock trans program. the car is just transformed and with the small changes made to the ECU the car is WAY more sporty than originaly. this combo makes the car more of a B6 S4 with the A6 lux option

I wanted to thank P&K for the video help. I had lots of footage that didn't make it in the video because of talking....lastly thank the guys at vast. They took my calls my E mails and all my suggestions. They made many changes that I asked for and were way helpfull and just as excited as I was about the car

enjoy the video.....as a last note...the exhaust is not that loud in the car I put down both the seats to get more in car noise so you could hear the shifting

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d...540010c3b9.htm

Old 03-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Default RE: 4.2 tip video and review

Now that kicks a$$! I have been looking for an A6 and was having a problem choosing between 2.7t and 4.2. I think this has just made up my mind. As soon as the IRS pulls it's head out of it's a$$ and I get my tax return I'll be buying a A6 4.2.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Old 03-03-2008, 07:48 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Very Nice! Congrats! Sometimes it pays dividends to be the guinnea pig.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:07 PM
1st Gear

OMG dude, that's only with the TCU file?!

**edit: nevermind, i just saw you had the ECU file also, but did you have that in the video? i'm just curious because i'm going up to vast on thursday to get both of those things done.**

Old 03-03-2008, 09:38 PM
1st Gear

The ECU at the time just had the TQ limmitations removed and the extended REV limmit. now the car has the stage 3 tune in the ECU it is crazy how much power is hidden in the ECU and TCU. I have the Stage 3 ECU tune in but if you are a 2001+ car you need to get piggies done. As the 2001+ cars have 4 cats as the 2000 only has 2. I still don't have the piggies but I told the vast guys I know I need them and I will have them do it. I just love the difference in the stage 3 tune from the stage 2 tune. The throttle is super responcive and the car responds to the slightest touch of the throttle. The stage 2 was nice and made good power but for me the stage 3 ECU tune was just too much like driving a sports car had to have.

Please let me know how it goes thurs. you will have a blast the vast guys are super cool

Old 03-03-2008, 09:48 PM
1st Gear

sounds awesome, i'll probably end up getting the same thing that you have done. especially because i just sold my cobra, so i need something that'll scoot pretty good on the highway. anways, what exactly did they do to your exhaust to make it sound like that? i'd just like to know because i think i'd like to have the same thing done. god, it's a good thing we don't live in the same city, people would def call copycat on that one, lol.

i thought of something else to ask. how has your fuel mileage changed? prince was telling me that it'd probably actually increase mine a little bit, but i'm curious if that's really the case, or if in reality it drops the fuel mileage just like almost every performance mod.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:55 PM
2nd Gear

very nice, gotta get my TCU done.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 AM

Uh...does it "sound like" it's making power over 7200 rpm?...

Not a fan of the exhaust, but I bet it's a fun-er ride. My mileage is getting up there, but if I keep mine I'm thinking of getting the tunes, or at least the tip tune. Thanks for posting up the results, kudos to VAST for helping add a finer edge to the 4.2

Old 03-04-2008, 03:14 AM
1st Gear

Your car sounds great. I love the part where the car is coming at the camera. you can really hear the motor working and the car you can completely see the body shift with the weight transfer. I love the video I must have watched the video 10 times. It is on a tare sounds like you could have kept revving it. I take my car to 8000 and it kept pulling more air from the MAF witch tells you the motor is still taking in more air for power

congrats

Old 03-04-2008, 08:55 AM
1st Gear

Awsome video! You Vastperformance guys are in Michigan right? I live in northern Indiana and need to vist you guys sometime. GREAT WORK!!!

Quick Reply: 4.2 tip video and review