Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 A6 C6 4.2 Cranked But Wouldn't Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 04:56 PM
1st Gear

it won't look cool when he is driving like James Bond and it stalls

Joe you are dead on with your theory .. doing it again wont' tell them more unless they happen to be driving around with a data logger on .. and that will tell them ....no fuel pressure...

But my suggestion would be stay focussed . Sounds like they are being douches but they might think you are complaining about everything. Work on the most important thing first and go from there . But you did make me think of a related quesion I am starting a new thread on ..

Old 11-24-2010, 07:43 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Theiceman
it won't look cool when he is driving like James Bond and it stalls
He just as to make sure that he is blasting Live and Let Die by Paul Mcartney and Wings. LOL

Old 11-24-2010, 11:03 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Kevin
He just as to make sure that he is blasting Live and Let Die by Paul Mcartney and Wings. LOL
Funny you should mention that. Saw him in concert in Pittsburgh just this August. The "Live and Let Die" production was spectacular!

Anyway, the dealer decided to keep the car a few more days to give it time to perhaps fail again, and even hinted at a new fuel pump. That's progress. My Subaru Forester loaner got me nicely from Baltimore to Pittsburgh this evening. No fuss no muss, but not quite in A6 style.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and thanks for all the helpful comments.

Last edited by Joe Mazza; 11-24-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
2nd Gear

Audi dealership has Subaru loaners?
No wonder!

Old 11-25-2010, 12:39 PM
2nd Gear

My dealer gives Enterprise cars to non-original owners.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by nemohm
Audi dealership has Subaru loaners?
No wonder!
It's sort of a mega-dealership with Mercedes, Audi, VW, and Subaru showrooms. The Audi operation is undergoing reconstruction so they're shoehorned in with Subaru for now.

I'm not picky about loaners, just happy when I get one!

Old 11-25-2010, 06:16 PM
2nd Gear

Outback XT, manual is what I'm looking to replace our Outback 2.5 M

Old 12-02-2010, 07:31 PM
1st Gear

Finally got the car back. The dealer replaced the fuel pump and low fuel pressure sensor. Looking at the invoice, I see that a new code popped up: P3073 which, as far as I can determine, refers to intermittant communications with the fuel pump.

Elsewhere I saw a post saying there was a TB on this fault (2017131). I'm looking for that now.

Anyway, the car at least got me home from the dealer! Fingers crossed...

Old 12-03-2010, 06:18 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Joe Mazza
Finally got the car back. The dealer replaced the fuel pump and low fuel pressure sensor. Looking at the invoice, I see that a new code popped up: P3073 which, as far as I can determine, refers to intermittant communications with the fuel pump.

Elsewhere I saw a post saying there was a TB on this fault (2017131). I'm looking for that now.

Anyway, the car at least got me home from the dealer! Fingers crossed...
Sounds like they performed the work set forth in the TSB. I hope it fixes the problem.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 AM
1st Gear

Well, the car's back at the dealer.

Yesterday evening my fuel was at about a quarter of a tank so I filled it up (for the first time since I got it back) in anticipation of my regular Friday night commute from Baltimore to Pittsburgh, then drove the mile or so to my apartment to pack. When I returned to the car about 45 minutes later, I noticed a significant wet spot under the car, maybe 3'x4' with a strong fuel smell. Checked it and, sure enough, it was fuel. Moved the car and let it drip some more and determined it was coming from the area under the rear seat, slightly towards the passenger side. My guess is that's where the fuel pump is.

But there's more bad news, this time of my own making. In my haste to get to the dealer before they closed, and still not really used to driving this car yet, I took a sharp corner in the city too fast and tight and really smacked the right two tires over the curb. Quite a jar. About 15 seconds later I got a tire pressure warning. Had to put air in the right front three times on the way to the dealer to make it. Significant ding in the rim and tire (one of the brand new snows I put on only the day before!). So I'll need a new tire for sure and maybe a new wheel.

When it rains...

So I'm once again in Pittsburgh courtesy of Subaru Forester loaner.

Last edited by Joe Mazza; 12-04-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Quick Reply: 2007 A6 C6 4.2 Cranked But Wouldn't Start