Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04' Audi A6 3.0L - Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: 04' Audi A6 3.0L - Issues

AAMCO won't go near it.

Well you already know the tranny is screwed up, if you wanna fvck it up really bad loosen a couple of bolts on the tranny pan and let the fluid leak out, or just drain a liter or two. This will increase the temperature of the transmission, burn the fluid,and make it run so un-believably bad they will have no choice but to replace it....... I only recommend this if you know for sure that its covered of course.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

Well I think I prooved my point today. I was going back to Honda to sign some more paperwork (Endless ******* flow) and my car kept shutting down everytime I stopped, I had to turn the key back left, and back on again every time I stop. Finally the lazy *** used car manager got in the car and lied about how bad it felt and how much he would take care of it. I said I need a new tranmission, to both the used manager and the service clerk. I said, it's the tranmission for sure, I can feel it every time I drive. So it's in honda again for the 2nd time for the same problem they said they "Fixed" last time. The RPM's rev so low, the car shuts off, sound like a tranny prob? And of course the shuttering b.s. If they dont replace it this time, It's war.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
1st Gear

Now i'm getting very very upset and dissapointed with Audi. The Honda dealership has had my car in service for 8 days now, no call. I went in 2 days ago, they said they sent it to the Audi Dealership in Sarasota. Today I called audi, and asked about car. They said the car is fine, and it was stalling because when Honda fixed it last time,they left thethrottle to the fuel injection system loose. I Said "the car needs a new tranmission, it drives horrible". i Said "I will call Audi USA, and try to move for them to replace the tranmission" he says "Why". "Because they care about their custoemrs" Then he said something that threw me off. "I Beg to differ, they wont. Audi only is interested in customers who buy new Audi's. You won't get a new tranmission"...

What do I do!?!? The Car Drives now, but shitty. I think Ammco is the only Non-Bias place I can go to get a real answer on the tranmission. Any Suggestions? Call Audi USA Directly? Return Car? (I love the car, and dont want to return it, just fix it)

Old 02-15-2008, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

Let's face it - Audi won't replace your transmission for free when you are out of warranty, and even though you are paying for an extended warranty it isn't through Audi, so unless the warranty company (which in your case might even be your Honda dealer) is willing to fork up the cash it isn't going to happen.

It sounds like Honda knows it will be on their dime, and since a new tranny costs $6k - they will continue to string you along as long as possible provided your car actually drives. It doesn't need to drive perfect, it just needs to drive - and that is good enough for them to deny a warranty claim.

If you are having this many problems so soon after buying the car, and considering how long the car was in the shop being looked at - I would surely contact the sales manager about returning the car and then look to buy something else. If he refuses then I would probably contact the BBB andyour state's consumer protection division and file a formal complaint against them. Nobody should be expected to buy a car and then have constant problems in the first few weeks of ownership....especially someone who opted for the extended warranty.

In my opinion, shy away from anything that has a CVT.....I just hear way too many complaints from people who own them and it isn't just limited to Audis. I have a co-worker who has a Nissan with a CVT and he has had nothing but problems - not to mention it requires way more service and fluid changes that cost him hundreds every 20k miles. No thanks....I'll stick to a "regular" auto.