Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04' Audi A6 3.0L - Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 07:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 04' Audi A6 3.0L - Issues

See my baby?

Old 02-02-2008, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

TestNew Sig - Isn't My Girl very Gifted?

[IMG]local://upfiles/48440/7DFFB58DF3EA4B1D9C99903556D1DF37.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

The Next level has been reached - The Car Shuts Down!

As I was leavingfrom Honda, after making a service appointment for tommarow to get brakes changed - I came to a stop and my car died - I started it back up, and slowed down at the next stop light, car died. Every time I slow down to a stop, the car dies and I have to restart the car. So the car is at HONDA getting looked at now. Anybody have any idea what this could be? Thanks.... I'm getting more and more dissapointed in my decision of car.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

So I just got a call from Honda - They said my problem is the Air Controller Unit, something dealing wiht the Fuel Injector. Does this sound like it will fix my problems?

Old 02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Site Moderator

Im not sure what an air controller is, and im really sure a honda tech doesnt have a clue what he's doing giving that i know a few of them.
Tell them to take it back to audi.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:24 AM
1st Gear

i'm sure the honda tech has absolutely no clue what he's talking about, because they don't know jack about audi's. you definitely need to do something to force someone to get the transmission fixed, because i have a feeling that it's going to get progressively worse, and then you're going to get stuck with the bill and not the people that screwed you over in the first place. another thing you might be able to do is to get on the phone with audiUSA and tell them how completely unsatisfied you are withyour audi dealersservice, because sometimes if they think you're upset enough, they'll call the dealership personally and make sure that the problem is taken care of.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:46 PM
1st Gear

How much would a new Tranmission for the A6 3.0L Run me? Im thinking of just buying a new one. Please let me know, thanks. I need this car to work flawless...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: rcastoro

How much would a new Tranmission for the A6 3.0L Run me? Im thinking of just buying a new one. Please let me know, thanks. I need this car to work flawless...
You gotta call audi of north america and tell them about your situation, almost always they can kick the dealers ***** in until they give you what you need. If the dealer can't figure it out they will send the regional TFM to figure it out for you.

A brand new CVT transmission from audi is about $6,000.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:47 PM

[align=left] Long time lurker here, I finally registered so I could chime in. I have a ’04 A6 3.0, with 36k. I’m the third owner of the car, I bought it from a long time family friend, who got it with ~25k in it. It was a great deal, kinda too good to be true. A few weeks after he bought it, he asked me if I would drive it, because something didn’t felt right with it, so we swapped cars for the weekend. The car had exactly the same problem that you describe. At very low speed, low rpm, it shudders, kinda like a slipping clutch – without the engine revving up. As soon as you step on it, or put in manual and rev it up a bit its fine. Well we talked, and we agreed it is definitely not normal, so he took it to the dealer, who diagnosed it as a bad transmission. They replaced the complete transmission under warranty – I still have the receipt -, although it took three weeks them to get the replacement trani in. In your case, I don’t know if the powertrain is covered for longer than the 4years 40k standard warranty, which –now - my car was still under at the time. [/align]

Old 02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

Thanks ! I purchased the 2 year powertrain warrenty so It should be covered. Shuld I bring it into Aamco or HondA? Honda will deny there is any problems, like they would really want to pay for anew tranmission. The only thing I can think of is How can I get them to agree with me, that it is ruined? Papers from Aamco saying it needs a new one? Other then that, i would love to have my car drive well. This car is my best friend already. Thanks for your input

Quick Reply: 04' Audi A6 3.0L - Issues