Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

What age group should be driving an A5?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:56 PM

Same thing I said at the other forum you posted this: I do think A5 comes across more like an "I've arrived" kind of car even if the price doesn't suggest it is. It's a very serious, elegant, yet bad **** design. Whereas a car like the 335, which can cost just as much or more, still has a "my first expensive car" look to it. I live in LA, where 3 series BMW's are like Honda's and Ford Focus' in parts of the Midwest. So I do think it looks more "appropriate" when a guy between the ages of 28, or so, and 50 or so is driving it. Just my opinion. After 50, IMO, it's a bit too youthful and frivolous, but with that said, an S5, while it's almost identical in appearance, its not frivolous, and maybe the performance and power would explain the attraction to somebody north of 50. Yeah, I'm totally pulling this stuff out my butt, but I do think an 18 year old girl or boy looks totally at home in a 335, but might look a little odd in an A5.

And come to think of it, I've seen about 15 or so A5 and S5's in LA, and never saw a woman driving one.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 PM

What do you care what people think? You want approval from strangers?

My first new car was a lincoln town car. I didn't give a dam what people thought. More importantly, if a chick didn't like my car and held it against me, then it showed me what kind a person she really was, a materialistic bitch!

Go buy what you want, what you can afford, and enjoy it.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:10 PM

Thank you guys. I just want to know what peoples opinions are. I am just having a really hard time deciding between an A5 and a G37x.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:36 AM

I don't think there is a certain age group for any car. If you like it then buy it.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:04 PM

If money isn't an issue, I would get the Audi. At least in LA, the G37 is one of the most common cars around. And the Infiniti might have a bigger engine, but the Audi is more refined and better in every other way.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pudding
Between what ages do you think an A5 driver should be?
**me**

Old 09-19-2008, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

I am looking to buy an A5, but I can't tell if I am the right age group if you understand what I mean. I don't want to offend anyone, but sort of like some people think Caddys are for older people. Between what ages do you think an A5 driver should be?
Between the ages of "I can afford my own living space, car etc w/o mommys help" and "I can't change my own diapers".

Who gives a **** what people think about who should and shouldn't drive a car?

If you like it, and can afford it. Buy it and drive it.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

Thank you guys. I just want to know what peoples opinions are. I am just having a really hard time deciding between an A5 and a G37x.
Choose on their merits as a car. Regardless of who has what or what mTV says.

They are both fine cars. Test drive them both back to back and see which one is better for you.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:22 PM
mkc
1st Gear

Surely the Infinit is just some rubbish Nissan. They all look like a cheap Kia or Ssangyong. I dont think they will ever takes sales from Audi in Europe. They failed with the Nissan 350Z too

Last edited by mkc; 09-19-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:08 PM

I have test driven them, I just want to hear other opinions too because in a test drive, you can't tell from everything. I am going again to test drive both tomorrow.

Quick Reply: What age group should be driving an A5?