Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

What age group should be driving an A5?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Default What age group should be driving an A5?

I am looking to buy an A5, but I can't tell if I am the right age group if you understand what I mean. I don't want to offend anyone, but sort of like some people think Caddys are for older people. Between what ages do you think an A5 driver should be?

Last edited by pudding; 09-11-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:18 PM
SoCal Crew Member

16-18

Old 09-13-2008, 05:14 PM
1st Gear

Old enough to afford one.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:56 PM
1st Gear

I don't care about age groups, I see business execs driving A4s, haha, when I see them I just turn the system wayyyyy upp.

I'd drive an A5 if I could stop creaming my pants long enough to be able to sit in it without ruining it. I'd say the A5 is my favorite Audi. I like the R8 and the RS4 and all, and I love my A4, but I think Audi achieved perfection with the A5... Absolute Perfection. Sure I'd love to see available with the biggest most powerful engine in Audi's lineup, and they TOTALLY botched the release with no stick, but as far as design goes... *drool*

Old 09-16-2008, 01:12 AM

A5 is such a random car why does it even matter? Everyone knows old people dominate the buick/cadillac demographics

Old 09-17-2008, 07:51 AM
mkc
1st Gear

The A5 is the same car as the A4. All be it in a better dress. Same chassis MLP Platform etc.

I dont think that there is an age that you have to reach before you go for an A5. It just depends on your lifestyle. I looked at the A5 but the back seat was impossible to use and given its a coupe why should it be easy to use anyway. I went for the A4 as I have a family and dont need an A5 to strut up and down a busy road where people are hanging out of bars looking at my car.

Unless you can afford to have multiple cars, the A5 is probably aimed at the young professional without a family or the older exec who has had a family and no longer needs to carry the usual kids stuff around in the back.

The A5 is the same price as an A4 with some kit so I dont think having an A5 requires you to lord it over someone in an A4. My Age? 28. People in the office have A5s but some dont have kids and others with kids who have left home. Perhaps the A5 is seen differently in the US?

Sublime865 - Why do you turn your system way up when you see Business Execs driving their A4s? Strutting around in a 5 year old style A4 is hardly something to be proud of.

Last edited by mkc; 09-17-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:24 PM

perhaps you don't understand his reasoning for blasting music

Old 09-17-2008, 03:57 PM
mkc
1st Gear

Perhaps not. Why does he then?

Old 09-17-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

Haha because the first look I get in my A4 is "What the hell is that kid doing in a nice car like that, must be mommy and daddy are rich"

Around here in Vermont, most people my age are struggling to pay off their 1996 Subaru Outback that they paid $2500 for a year ago. I'm not joking, hardly anyone I know has a car that was made after 2000, and if they do, its a Toyota Echo or something like that.

It's just funny to see the prudish old wasps cringe to the beat of the bass as they are wondering how I could possibly afford a car like that, must be I'm selling drugs... Did I mention the huge drug problem in my area (and by my area I mean the United States)?

Old 09-17-2008, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

Also, those prudish old wasps don't really realize that I'm driving in a 3 year old body style A4. And it really isn't that I'm trying to show off that I'm proud I drive a 5 year old car; though I completely disagree with you, I AM proud I have an Audi A4 and I AM proud that it is a B6. That *is* something to be proud of.

I guess it really isn't so much business execs in Audi A4s, but any prudish wasp that happens to be giving me a dirty look; I don't discriminate, whether your driving a ferrari or a Geo Metro, I'm still turning it up.

Quick Reply: What age group should be driving an A5?