Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

New guy, just put in an order for an S5

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Default New guy, just put in an order for an S5

Hey guys,

This is site looks like a pretty lively site. Not much on the A5/S5 section yet, but its understandable. Well im new to the site, but no stranger to car forums. Im currently over at 6mt.net (G35 forum).

So went down to Audi to have a look at the S5, and I completely fell in love with it. Pictures really do not do it justice. The lines were so sexy in person. Luckily they also had an A5 demo on the lot to compare. They allowed me to test drive both, and they were both a dream to drive. The A5 does seem a lil underpowered for its size, but the shifts were crisp and it handled like a dream.

So i instantly placed an order for an automatic (love the manual, but cant handle as a daily drive in the city). I have some pics here of the exact car Im going to get, cept it will be an auto. The dealer quoted me a June/July delivery range, which seems fairly reasonable since the S5 is only offered in manual right now.

I wanted to ask you guys, since Ive never owned an Audi, how do you guys feel about the ownership experience? The dealership i went to was extremely small, but friendly. I know each dealer is different, but how would you guys rate the service in general. Thanks.

Sorry for the fuzzy pics, i took them with my camera phone:

edit: hmmm...for some reason, when i copy the img code, it doesnt show on the site, any tips? Ill try to resize in the mean time, sorry.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48998/89F6C3A4C61B42DC82C633877EE3318D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: New guy, just put in an order for an S5

ahhhh!!!!

im so jealous!
theres a spoiled *** kid at my school who has one

so jealous of both of you

im trying to convince him to let me do a lil test drive
im sure its a dream

well ive owned mine for abouta year now and service has been pretty good

i dont like to use the dealer much tho since its so expensive

but congrats!!!!
and welcomne to the forums

Old 02-11-2008, 06:50 PM

Thanks Wash for the kind words. Are you in high school or in college? Cause a kid in high school with a S5 is pretty ritzy...he must've spent around 60K plus whatever markup the dealer wanted for it.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:37 PM
1st Gear

That looks sweeeet. I think you'll love it. Audi has always treated my family and me right, the dealership back home in St.Louis is pretty top of the line though.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

Congrats. My S5 is due to arrive in April and I can't wait. It is a marvelous car.

BTW, check your inbox

Old 03-23-2008, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: simpsonsrules86

"...Thanks Wash for the kind words. Are you in high school or in college? Cause a kid in high school with a S5 is pretty ritzy...he must've spent around 60K plus whatever markup the dealer wanted for it..."
Well, the kid's parents spent around $60K for the car.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:16 PM

I test drove the A5 liked it but it needs more power. The dealer told me it would be over 18 months to get an S5, and 6 months to get an A5. How are you guys getting them so soon? Is it a west coast thing??

Thanks, Mike

Old 04-22-2008, 04:44 PM

Hey Congrats!!! I am also on the 6mt forum. Got a 06 6mt coupe. Hope that i will order an S5 soon.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:34 PM
RS6
1st Gear

I have a question....I also placed and an order for the S5 recently, and was told that I have some time to make up my mind regarding the color. I originally ordered Black Phantom Pearl with Tuscan Brown. Now, I changed it to White with Black interior. What do you guys think, should I go with the Phantom Pearl, black interior, or White with Black interior????

Old 05-30-2008, 09:58 AM
1st Gear

That looks sweeeet. I think you'll love it. Audi has always treated my family and me right, the dealership back home in St.Louis is pretty top of the line though.
Which dealer is that? I'm in the "Lou" also and have been dealing with Parktown Imports. So far
everything's been good, although I've only owned the car since last August ('07 A6). Another member swears by Bommarito but I haven't had a chance to get by there, and no one I know has much good to say about Plaza.

Note: don't mean to hijack or start a dealership thread here, just looking for a quick answer.

Quick Reply: New guy, just put in an order for an S5