Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

Loyalty Rebate Invalid if Delivery Goes Past Expiry Date??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 PM
1st Gear
Red face Loyalty Rebate Invalid if Delivery Goes Past Expiry Date??

Well, within a radius of 100 miles, I simply couldn't find an A5 convertible with the exterior AND interior colors I wanted. So I opted to order a new car, but I had been counting on getting the $1,500 rebate. So long as the order was in before the rebate offer expires (Jan 3, 2011), I understood the rebate would apply, and so I put down a $3,000 deposit this week, and the car is now on order.

We have a 2006 Audi A4 convertible already, and feel it's time to get a new one for next summer (we plan to keep both). So the motivator behind getting the car now, before the end of the year, was to beat the deadline with the rebate, okay?

But now, after calling Audi customer service, I was verbally told that Audi won't honor their current offers if the car doesn't arrive in time (it's expected in 12 weeks). If it arrives after Jan 3, I'll be out of luck and have to pay $1,500 more.

The rebate is indeed officially valid for both 2010 and 2011 models. However, I don't see any mention in Audi's publications of any restriction with regard to belated deliveries. So even for people who might order in time for a scheduled delivery before January 3, if the car is delayed in transit, such people could find themselves paying from $1,000 to $3,000 more than they expected!
http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/o...ncentives.html
http://www.audiusa.com/us/p_409B22/h...l_offer_2.html

Has anyone experienced this in previous years? How has Audi managed your rebate? Or do they perhaps have some loyalty themselves in this regard for their regular customers?

Old 11-15-2010, 12:10 AM
3rd Gear

Don't take no for an answer. Threaten to cancel your order. Keep riding Audis *** till they see it your way. Your not responsible for how long they take to deliver. Thats their problem. I've butted heads with audi corp a few times. Every time I have been successful! They just hope that you stop nagging them. If you don't get the answer you want, ask for their supervisor. If the supervisor doesn't want to make it right, DON'T GIVE UP! ride their *** like a rented mule till they do the right thing. Since your buying a NEW CAR, I'm sure they can fix the situation. Again, DO NOT GIVE UP! eventually, they will cave. They always do. Good luck, let us know your progress. If you can't find the right person to talk to, send this woman an email. Annette.Johnson@audi.com .She is a big wig at audi. She took good care of me when her staff didn't give a ****.

Last edited by warranty225cpe; 11-15-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 PM
1st Gear

Looks good... looks good! I think they did indeed renew the rebate for a year:
http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/o...ncentives.html

"Offer expires on January 4, 2012"

I should hope the rebate remains on the A5 model as well (as it was before).
Cross fingers and "press thumbs" as the Germans say (Druck die Daumen).