Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

How much off for a 700 mile used "new" a5?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Default How much off for a 700 mile used "new" a5?

Hey all,

On the verge of trading in my 06 bmw for a '10 a5. The one I want is present at a dealer (monza/s-line), but the car has 700 miles on it. Apparently the owner of the dealer wanted to use it as a demo car, but then decided against it after 700 miles. The car is still considered new, but I have noticed it sitting on the lot for at least a month (it just happened to be that the car I was looking for was the one I was oggling as I drove by every day on the way to work)

My question is, how much off on the price would be considered "fair" for a car like this? Esp considering I can't be sure of the way it was handled during break in, etc. I'm not looking for some crazy deal, but something fair.

Thanks!

-Matt

Old 05-10-2010, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

what's the sticker price on this car? Have you talked to anyone about the car?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:39 PM

Considering the A5/S5 is a relatively new model, I would assume that the power of the buyer in negotiations would be much weaker than compared to a BMW 3 series.

I've researched the A5 many times. I've checked cars.com as well as other used car websites just to guage how much the value would drop after putting 10k+ miles on it. The trend that I have seen is that these cars lose value much slower than any other sports coupe I have seen, simply becuase it is a new series created by Audi.

For example, I have seen a fully loaded A5 with the s-line package having 15k miles. The sellers asking price was about $6500 off the original price of the car! This is less than a 20% drop in the value of the car since it has been purchased!

This is just one case, and I have seen many cases just like this. So I am not sure how much you can use this 700 miles to your advantage, but I highly doubt the dealer will let it go for a deep discount.

If I were you I would just buy it already....and get ready to start breaking necks when people see you driving by. So worth it

This is my first post here, btw, and I hope it was helpful.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:02 PM

I actually bought it the day after my post. Ended up $600 below invoice, plus got what I feel was a rather good price for my 06 bmw 325xi trade-in. I had to haggle quite a bit, with just the price negotiations lasting a solid 45 minutes and several trips by the dealer to his finance office where they pretended to talk it over, after which I would pretend to be disappointed with the result. All in all I feel it was a fair price for a car that had been on the lot a while and which was also a very rare color/option combo that happened to match what I wanted.

So I've had the car 3 weeks and adore it.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:15 AM
2nd Gear

can you please post pics of her? I promise,i won't look up her skirt

Old 09-05-2010, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

$600 under invoice is a good price for any demo under 1k.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous
can you please post pics of her? I promise,i won't look up her skirt
I'd look up her skirt! LOLOLOL

Old 09-16-2010, 10:08 AM

Can I look too?

Old 09-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Banned
Thumbs down Save Money 50%!!New Era 59Fifty Hat Red Bull Energy Fitted Caps MLB Caps

Yes, we love the topic, we will send it to our friend,Excellent quality ,Big Discount ! lol Red Bull fitted hats