Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

A5 2ltr Petrol OIL GUZZLER !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 07:39 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs down A5 2ltr Petrol OIL GUZZLER !!

I bought my Audi A5 NEW from Audi Tamworth UK. Its registered Oct 2009. Oil problem was always there but they claimed it was normal. But it got so bad that they had to look at it Nov 2012.

It was repaired under warranty and given back to me. Other forums say it is a case of replacing Pistons and Con rods. But they said it only required to replace the crankshaft seals and breather valves.

But late 2013 it all started again!! I was due a service anyway so I booked it in and got it back all serviced. They said Oil has been sorted and if the warnig light comes on, then call in

Sure enough it did! A reduction in performance was noticed staright away and the black exhaust mark on the garage floor appeared. The oil was going from full to RED warning light in 250 miles !! Thats easily over a litre, maybe two of oil

Part one test was conducted. Failed

Part 2 test failed and Audi UK got involved with the dealership.

The solution is to replace Pistons and Con Rods. And once in there, if they notice any other damage, then that will have to fixed.

Audi UK agreed to give the parts free. Dealer reduced his costs from £120 per hour to £86 per hour. Total for 21 hours was around £2146.

But thats the minimum. once theyre in the car, they might find they need to charge for more.

I have decided to recover my car from the Tamworth Audi dealer, who still wants to charge me £200 for doing the oil checks

Following all the AUDI OIL CONSUMPTION PROBLEMS on the internet, and the poor experience I received, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER AUDI EVER AGAIN !!

My Audi A5,....RIP !!