Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

2011 Audi A5 Stasis Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:39 PM
1st Gear

I had the full Challenge Package added to my car and I'm picking it up this week. Will let you guys know how the package performs. My guy at Winner Audi has told me that my car is sitting in the showroom and I could sell it with a mark up if I was so inclined. Of course I'm not.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 AM
1st Gear
Default Awesome!!!!

Please post pics of the upgrade....also, did you get the SE11 or SE12 wheels with the package?

Old 01-21-2012, 12:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Pics of 2012 A5 with Touring Package

Decided to back down to the Touring package plus upgraded breaks for two reasons. First, the challenge suspension was backordered for 30-60 days and frankly I don't imagine I'll ever adjust the height. So that was a no-brainer. When I picked up the car it drove exactly as I had hoped, even better actually. The improved height and balance of the car with the performance wheels create an amazing driving experience and the tuned ECU definitely kicks hard at 3000 rpms.

The second reason for the Touring package was a personal distaste for the Challenge exhaust. The exhaust was a disappointment . It droned so badly at 2K-3K rpm range I couldn't imagine driving the car even down the street without ear plugs. So she's still in the shop and they're going to change out the Challenge exhaust for the Touring.

I cannot stress enough what a fantastic mentor Tom Mihok at Winner Audi has been. I'm new to this process and he's been methodical in explaining my options and the process. He practically sends a daily email updating what's going on with the car and what's left to complete. When I was unsatisfied with the exhaust he immediately assured me he would work to find an exhaust that fit my taste and driving style. I will without reservation suggest to anyone who wants to upgrade their A5, and they live in the NE, they should contact Tom at Winner in De.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:05 AM
1st Gear
Default Finished the Stasis Upgrades

Picked up the car this past week and could not be happier with the outcome. The Challenge Exhaust was too much sound for a daily commute. I backed down to the Touring version and the sound is PERFECT.

As people have noted on this and other forums the tuning really kicks in after the 2nd or 3rd tank of gas. I've just started my 2nd tank and the Hp upgrade is definitely noticeable now. However, don't expect the car to rocket off with you unprepared. The drive remains the seamless audi driving experience you would expect and would not want to change.

The car is remarkably different in it's stance. The lowering springs give it an aggressive look that is much closer to an Aston than mid-tier luxury coupe. With the car parked next to an S5, it's clear the Stasis wheel package is far superior to Audi OEM.

Final feather in my cap was yesterday's drive to my dealer in Tyson's Corner. The entire showroom emptied out to get a glance of the car. Many of them commented on the fact they saw the car approach and didn't recognize it as an A5. After a few minutes giving the guys a tour, a crew from the VW dealership down the road DROVE over to see the car.

Am extremely happy I took the time, and frankly the perceived risk, (BTW I regularly questioned my sanity throughout this process) to put together a car that is exactly what I want and is so rare to find. Further I'm grateful I found Tommy Mihok at Winner Audi in Wilmington, De. This guy: answered my daily emails, sent me pictures of the change in process, and when I told him the Challenge Exhaust was not what I wanted, he assured me he would have the car tuned exactly as I had hoped. He delivered on each promise. If you're in the North East and you're considering mod'ing your car, this is the guy.

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Audi A5 Stasis Package-img_0255.jpg  
Old 01-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Excellent results, glad to hear it. Might be worth a minute to post your review of that dealership in the Dealership subforum. There are so many bad experiences with dealers, having a good review would be nice.

Car looks great!

Old 01-30-2012, 10:47 AM
1st Gear

Nice!!!! Looks really clean, I love it! Think you may have just convinced me to go thru with the full upgrade :-) What year is your A5? I have a 2011 and in order to upgrade the exhaust, I'd have to swap out the rear valance to accommodate dual tips, did you have to do the same? Any problems with that?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Stasis Touring Upgrade

My A5 is a 2012. When I took her into the shop she only had a little over 2K in miles. So still pretty fresh off the lot.

I'm pretty certain the upgrade to the exhaust requires a new valence. Thought I heard different different takes. My dealer kept saying that all 2012 A5's had an s-line valence . So if what he was saying was true, I shouldn't have needed one. That said, I left it up to my guy at Winner to sort through that stuff. He got me a good deal on the package. So I never asked about the valence. If he had to upgrade the valence he never mentioned it.

The car is extremely clean. Not for a second do I feel my car looks modded. I absolutely didn't want that. What I wanted was an A5 that made other A5 owners look and wonder what was different about mine.

For a moment I thought I had made a mistake not getting an S5 and maybe my next Audi will be an S. At the moment this car is exactly what I want to drive.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:49 AM
1st Gear

Different car, but I'll add my $.02

From the start, the lil 4 banger was good, but not as good as it could be and the engine noise was obnoxious with no exhaust note, the wife wanted something different...

researched options a LOT (having tuned many other cars before)... I heard the drone of the exhaust in test drives and read some not so encouraging reports of warranty wars between Audi and Stasis - exactly what I didn't want having tuned many cars over the years without issue.

I decide to do a revo tune and only replace the two rear resonators with magnaflows... VERY pleased with both, the video in my signature demonstrates acceleration and sound !

good luck !