Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

2011 A5: iphone 5????

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:18 PM
1st Gear
Default 2011 A5: iphone 5????

Hey folks, I looked around the forum and couldn't find anything so I apologize if this has been addressed. Feel free to link me to the thread if you would rather not answer me directly.

So....I bought this car and failed to even look at how I would connect my iphone 5 to the car.

In my BMW, i just had to use the "lightening" port and plug it into an available port in the car....it was a 2008 model which perplexes me as to why my 2011 a5 does not have the same port.

Has anyone come up with a fix or, better yet, know what to do?? I just want to play music through my iphone 5 but the connecter cable given to me doesnt seem to want to plug in....anywhere.

The only thing in the center console that comes close to an input port is what appears to be a lighter but it isnt the lighter.

This would SUCK if I cant play my iphone through the car.

Thank you for any help!!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 AM
1st Gear

Hey Chaser... not sure i get the issue, seems like the 2011 model has nowhere to plug... I am new to audi and less i know about 2011 model... what i do know is about iphone lightining port was introduced with iphone 5, in 2011 apple was using the old 30 pin connector. if your car doesn't have a multimedia conector with an adapter to the old apple plug you are doomed. the alternvative is to stream using bluetooth.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

Hey Chaser,
Just went through the exact same thing! I just purchased a CPO 2011 A5 Premium Coupe (no nav). There is no way to connect an iphone/ipod to the car and control it with your car system. There is a cable that you need to purchase, the Audi AMI connector, and this can be USB, iPhone, Lightning, or just 3.5mm aux.

There is a port on the left hand side of the glove box where you can plug this cable in, and then connect it via whatever type of cable you choose. (usb, 3.5mm aux stereo, etc.).

I hope I'm not right about not being able to control the iPhone, but i haven't found otherwise.

It's my understanding that bluetooth connect only functions for phone and plays navigation directions (from maps) from your iPhone.

Hope this helps.