Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your opinion on cosmetic changes

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Default RE: Your opinion on cosmetic changes

when your young in the UK the looks mean more because of the insurance costs and the power comes later when you can handle it, insurance is very high here for young drivers because of the theft of cars ( TWAC ) taken without consent so the few make the many pay shoot the b@@stards[:@]

Old 10-12-2007, 02:41 PM
1st Gear

I'll admit that I have a 2.8L and mods for the engine are rare, unless you have deep pockets. So i turned to the cosmetic side of things. If you do the right things to your vehicle it'll look sick and everyone will know in your town that you drive a nice audi. ChaChing! Chick magnet!

Old 10-12-2007, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

you didn't say you had the 2.8. there really isn't much in power choice there. i don't think i'd do any mods to that. too much money. just keep it nice looking. i will say this, after the tip chip and timing belt overhaul, i'll need to something to the exterior. my cars just waaaaay too sleeper all stock on the outside.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:25 PM

ooh! ooh! ooh!....you would def stand out from the rest if you get one of thoseSELF-ADHESIVE, non-horsepower-adding, non-whole-making, non-leakingsunroofs....please get one. even if you already have a sunroof...put it behind the existing one!

Old 10-12-2007, 04:33 PM

the 2.8 is a cruiser and will kill the 1.8t on that cruise so it depends on why you bought that car ( 1.8t v the 2.8 = traffic light timer ) and the 1.8t will win but that's it, the 2.8 will win on the freeway/motorway for comfort alone

Old 10-12-2007, 04:37 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: laxhuskie9

ooh! ooh! ooh!....you would def stand out from the rest if you get one of those SELF-ADHESIVE, non-horsepower-adding, non-whole-making, non-leaking sunroofs....please get one. even if you already have a sunroof...put it behind the existing one!

What are you talking about? Double sunroofs add at least 15hp.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:12 PM
5th Gear

o well all u had to say was the 2.8 part lol. dont' make it look too sporty or u'll get alot of challenges. and ya there rly isn't anything u can do to the 2.8 enginewise but to me, it does the job pretty well on dry and wet ground. and when u drive it, u gotta sorta picture urself making love to a girl if ya kno wut i mean. u gotta drive that baby with luv and passion. this doesn't mean beat on it and smack its ***. i mean u gotta like rly.... u kno wut i mean? lol 1.8t must bend to the power of the 2.8 and by power i don't mean hp wise but nvrmind hehehehe

Old 10-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Second that. Main thing is, I'm gonna do what I want to my car, and if others like it, great. If not, who cares? If that means I'm gonna have a bone-stock body with a wicked engine, or a kitted, lowered car with a stock engine, that's my business. The beauty of owning the car is that you don't have to give a damn what anyone else thinks. To answer the question directly, I see nothing wrong with building a car for show and no go - if that's what the person is into, that's cool. The only time it'd be poserish would be if someone took an A4, badged it up with S4 emblems or an intercooler in the front with no turbo - things like that are poser for sure. To me, anyone who puts the time and effort into building their car nicely, in whatever form that may take (power or style), is worthy of respect. Take pride in your work, and people will respect you. Do a shitty job, no matter what you're doing, and no one will respect it. Whatever you're going to do, take the time to do it right, and you'll be respected.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

^^^ thats the definition of professionalism