Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your opinion on cosmetic changes

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Your opinion on cosmetic changes

gotta have some show with the go. personally i like my car to look unique as well as perform well. so sometimes I will do a performance mod and then a cosmetic mod. now I am pretty much done with cosmetic mods and want more performance.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: EVOLA4

gotta have some show with the go. personally i like my car to look unique as well as perform well. so sometimes I will do a performance mod and then a cosmetic mod. now I am pretty much done with cosmetic mods and want more performance.
dito

Old 10-12-2007, 01:18 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: aikibil

Do you guys feel that it's kinda being "poser-ish" to do a lot of cosmetic changes with no performance mods?

For example, you see an a4 with painted lowers, rs4 grill, smoked lights, tinted windows, etc but hsi engine is completely stock. Do you think that's lame despite the car looking nice, like you're showing off with nothing to back it up?
definitely poser. you and i are next to each other. my car looks stock, you're tinted, smoked, painted-feeling cool. then the light changes changes and your girl looks @ you and asks, why did that wagon kick your cool cars ***? what do you say? i've got tint baby. that money would've easily chipped you. better yet, you lose to a minivan. come on. also, your car has classic style to start, its missing the go. give it go.

allshow+nogo=lame
no girl in my care ever cared about racing... just dont race lol

Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 PM
1st Gear

I ask because I'm getting a 2.8 and there really aren't any performance mods for it (besides that supercharger). I'd like to do some simple things like start blacking out my car with tint and black rims, but if everyone would look completely down on me, I probably wouldn't do it.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear

Who cares what everyone else thinks? Do whatever the heck you want to your car. We will severely criticize you if it looks crappy but no one will really care if you do relatively minor mods and no engine work. Also, this is a forum so none of us actually know you and wouldn't know if you put a stick-on hood scoop and a glow-in-the-dark skull hood ornament on your car unless you posted it and told us how awesome it was.

The mods you are talking about are pretty minor, inexpensive mods that make the car look better. Just know when enough is enough, and if you do a mod, do it right. If your $30 tint job bubbles in the first month and you paint your stock wheels with a paint brush (outside only, leaving the interior still silver), then yes, someone from audiforums.com will be sent to your house to slap you around a bit. Otherwise, get your mod on.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:19 PM
2nd Gear

i ordered my glow in the dark skull hood ornament yesterday! I'll do a write up of the install soon as it gets here.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: badjoke

I ask because I'm getting a 2.8 and there really aren't any performance mods for it (besides that supercharger). I'd like to do some simple things like start blacking out my car with tint and black rims, but if everyone would look completely down on me, I probably wouldn't do it.
tint and rims are perfectly ok on a stock car.

i think what everyone means is doing an entire body kit and stuff.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:24 PM
2nd Gear

I prefer both power and looks. I started with wheels and suspension, then did some performance mods after that. I like my cars balanced with power and visual mods.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:28 PM

personal preference. now when someone puts the horrible "performance" stickers all over their car, for parts they obviously don't have....that's a whole other story.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:30 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: TDRILL

Who cares what everyone else thinks? Do whatever the heck you want to your car. We will severely criticize you if it looks crappy but no one will really care if you do relatively minor mods and no engine work. Also, this is a forum so none of us actually know you and wouldn't know if you put a stick-on hood scoop and a glow-in-the-dark skull hood ornament on your car unless you posted it and told us how awesome it was.

The mods you are talking about are pretty minor, inexpensive mods that make the car look better. Just know when enough is enough, and if you do a mod, do it right. If your $30 tint job bubbles in the first month and you paint your stock wheels with a paint brush (outside only, leaving the interior still silver), then yes, someone from audiforums.com will be sent to your house to slap you around a bit. Otherwise, get your mod on.
Well, people on the street and other drivers, I mean. I do have an eye for what's tacky and what's subtle and classy so I should be ok. I sure wish there was at least a chip for the 2.8 though.

Quick Reply: Your opinion on cosmetic changes