Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your opinion on cosmetic changes

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:54 AM
1st Gear
Default Your opinion on cosmetic changes

Do you guys feel that it's kinda being "poser-ish" to do a lot of cosmetic changes with no performance mods?

For example, you see an a4 with painted lowers, rs4 grill, smoked lights, tinted windows, etc but hsi engine is completely stock. Do you think that's lame despite the car looking nice, like you're showing off with nothing to back it up?

Old 10-12-2007, 01:57 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Your opinion on cosmetic changes

your the one being slow. Some of the mods listed like grill and painted lowers would be fine, but if you go all out on cosmetics and nothing for performance, thats just wrong. Im a power ***** so i go all power before much else

Old 10-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Administrator

IMO, I don't think it's wrong. It just depends on what individual wants.

Some people buy Audi for the performance, some people buy it for the look.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:21 AM
1st Gear

Stuff like grills, m3 lip spoilers, tintand painted lowers are minor- suttle cosmetic changes, I think things like that are fine, it's when you start with bignasty bodykits and wings where I get off the wagon.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:25 AM

are you calling me a poser?...lol

I'l get a chip b4 da end of da year....suspension first!

When I got my car, I think I wanted to make it look unique before I started worrying about performance....

whatever tho, the only time cosmetic changes become a problem is when they are taken out of context, like altezza tail lights, or a huge friggin spoiler, smoking your headlights, I know fart cans are for that .00002 hp gain but they are still cosmetically ugly as all h3ll, underglow lights, I am not a fan of halos unless they're on a bimmer, fake plastic intercoolers for all those bad a$$ NA guys, cheezy chicken wire grills, ghetto a$$ boykits that will drag on the ground if the car is lowered a quarter of an inch, colored tint (anything that isn't black), too many stickers to count....

^those are what i could come up with in under a minute...I know there are one hellova lot more

well, just have taste when you are altering cosmetics....

Old 10-12-2007, 02:26 AM

Style must follow practicality in a car -- if you do absurd things that are blatantly buffing your car, it's a total waste of money. It's the subtle, clean cosmetic mods that add some flare to your car and make it look sharp -- like it's got some power under the hood.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:45 AM

its only appropriate if your in a car show, thats about it. if it will just sit there and look pretty then go for it, but if your a daily driver then atleast put some ***** into the engine!

Old 10-12-2007, 08:52 AM
1st Gear

Do you guys feel that it's kinda being "poser-ish" to do a lot of cosmetic changes with no performance mods?

For example, you see an a4 with painted lowers, rs4 grill, smoked lights, tinted windows, etc but hsi engine is completely stock. Do you think that's lame despite the car looking nice, like you're showing off with nothing to back it up?
definitely poser. you and i are next to each other. my car looks stock, you're tinted, smoked, painted-feeling cool. then the light changes changes and your girl looks @ you and asks, why did that wagon kick your cool cars ***? what do you say? i've got tint baby. that money would've easily chipped you. better yet, you lose to a minivan. come on. also, your car has classic style to start, its missing the go. give it go.

allshow+nogo=lame

Old 10-12-2007, 08:59 AM
5th Gear

i prefer a sleeper but a combo of both is good. i mean u wouldn't want to pull up to sum1, get challenged and lose. well let's not get into the race thing again lol

Old 10-12-2007, 09:29 AM
2nd Gear

I ahve a 3.0, the cost for me to get the Go, is more then all the cosmetic mods combined, Plus i dont see how SC can drive well in the snow

Quick Reply: Your opinion on cosmetic changes