Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Audi Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 06:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Your Audi Stereo

im just curious but i was either going to go all out Pioneer or Alpine for my stereo

what are your guy's setups for sound in your car?
any special modifications to make things discrete?

Old 10-02-2005, 06:27 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Your Audi Stereo

What's the point of going "all" one brand... I like alpine's older decks... I hate glidetouch though, so I'd never buy a new alpine high end deck -- I'd go clarion. I do not like pioneer head units.
Alpines amps are nothing special... good value though, I guess. Alpine subs are no good -- and overpriced. JL W3v2's are the way to go, IMO if you're on a budget.

I'd likely go JL for speakers and amps, and clarion for a head unit ... if I was building a money conscious system right now.

XR's in the doors, W3v2's in the trunk, and maybe a 500/5... or, for a bit more money... a 500/1 and a 300/4.

Old 10-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Site Moderator

It really depends on what your bugdet can handle.

There are a ton of different ways to go. Some people are happy with installing a sub to get a little thump with the stock stereo and love it. Some people go out and spend several thousand dollars on a full system. It's all in what you're willing to spend and what kinds of deals you can find.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:25 PM
1st Gear

just a quick question... when you change the headunit do you lose the radio info display beside the speedo?

Old 10-02-2005, 09:36 PM
1st Gear

well the stereo that is currently in the car is crap!
i think if it would have come with the stock stereo i wouldn't mess with it
but he has a POS Kenwood deck, and yeah its really a POS
the tweeters are starting to part from the door panels and the speakers
are starting to rattle, so yeah i need to do a "whole" swap
plus he installed it himself, and you know everything wasn't done right

but yeah i totally agree for JL Audio

Old 10-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Site Moderator

What are you willing to spend? Once we know what your wallet can handle, we can easily help build a system within your budget.

Old 10-03-2005, 03:10 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: BaconBait

What are you willing to spend? Once we know what your wallet can handle, we can easily help build a system within your budget.
Exactly! To do a complete swap... Hmm... yeah, lets just hear abuot your budget before we say anything. I think along the lines I was speaking of... you'd be at around 1500, it wouldn't be huge -- but hey, quality over quantity.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:12 AM
1st Gear

lol 1500 its really steep

i can get a new pioneer DEHP80MP for no more than $300
and all that's left for speakers in the car is a component set in the front (i don't know what size)
and it might be possible to fit 6x9's in the back in which i can get brand new pioneer ones for $50
if i only i knew what size goes where, im sure i could have a killer stereo for 1/2 of that

and i titled and started this post to see everyone else's stereo ideas, not mine
maybe you threw a complete alpine system and did some custom work on hiding the amps and subs

post some pictures!

Old 10-03-2005, 01:50 PM
5th Gear

If you start doing 50 dollar 6x9's... you wont have a "killer system for half the price"....

You'll have A system... but it wont be killer! Until you amplify your speakers, your system is tiny, and hardly worth calling upgraded. The stock speakers are really good... so you wont sound better than stock (unless your stocks are blown).

As for pics, I didnt try to hide anything as far as my trunk was concerned. My stereo started out as all business, with no spared expense... I was after focals for my doors... but the store I was looking at couldnt get them anymore at the price they had them at... my budget forced me to look to alpine Type X... which were really nice... but I got an S4 interior, with bose speakers in the door skins... and now I use them instead of the alpines.

Here's a few pics.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

nice, i like that you stuck with close-to matching colors on the Deck, makes it seem more stock, and less likely that there's a $$$ stereo in it. i love the wiring job on the amps too its very clean and routed quite well.

but don't you feel the least bit sad not having all the room in your trunk?
ive seen the boxes that go in the rear corners, have those worked well? who makes those?

Quick Reply: Your Audi Stereo