Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yakima vs. thule

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:48 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: yakima vs. thule

i have that little bag deal but i'm pretty sure a snowboard wouldn't fit...plus i kinda like the look of the rack on there.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

Yea i have the bag too, but i'm thinkin maybe layin the board in corner to corner........ehhh it might have a chance. Once we get some snow in this forsaken state i'll let you's know...

JP

Old 11-14-2005, 03:48 PM
1st Gear

Just ordered a Thule Fit Kit for the a4. I have used thule in the past on my yukon, 4runner and prelude. Already had the bars and the ferring. Have been very pleased with thule performance and the way the look. I perfer the square bars to the round on the yakimas, but to each his own.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:55 PM
4th Gear

abacab, that pic is on killington peak isnt it? Def have some memories there.

Old 12-03-2005, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

Just put my thule rack on my a4. Had the bars from my yukon just needed the fit kit and towers. Trying to get ready for a snowboarding trip to Colorado next week. Ready for the mountains and the chance to drive the a4 in the snow. Know it sounds stupid but I dig the look of the rack on the car. Kind of has that james bond look. LOL.............

Old 12-03-2005, 02:37 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

Yukio, you ride? I used to/still am big into freestyle sking (salomon 1080s). Where are u located?
Yeah, as much as I can. I tried skiing last time I was up, and really liked it. I want to learn to ski, because you can go faster and you don't get stuck on flat parts.

I went yesterday during school, because it's been snowing like a **** around here. It snowed 9 inches wednesday night, 9 thursday , it was snowing today, and it's supposed to continue this weekend.

I'm in Colorado. Where are you?

EDIT: To not hijack completely, I should be getting my factory rack in the mail next week.

Old 12-03-2005, 03:14 AM
5th Gear

how much did you pay for the factory rack, yuik? that's the one with the aluminum bars, right?

Old 12-03-2005, 03:27 AM
3rd Gear

75$. The guy gave me a discount, since I bought his Cobra Daytona seats.

Old 12-03-2005, 04:08 AM
1st Gear

I dont know if the Audi's always have..or if mine does..but I saw a commerical for the '06 Passat and it literally showed a snowboard being shoved thru the ski sack. So it apparently will work or they made it bigger..probably the first one. Either way I need a rack for my buddies (damnit)!

Old 07-23-2006, 07:04 PM
1st Gear

Well i would like to add a few things. I sell both Yakima and Thule racks and depending on the car you have (sedan or wagon) it really depends on what you want. With our german cars Thule will have great fits for the sedans, but Yakima will have a better foot fit b/c it moves 4 directions while thule only moves 2 directions. But if you have a wagon with factory rails i would suggest the crossroads from thule. Even the lowriders from yakima will work on it just fine with 165Lbs that you can put on it.

Its a matter of.... Do you want round bars (yakima) or square bars (thule)

And most yakima can be moved over to thule but wont come back to yakima b/c you have to cut off little tabs so it will go from round bars to square ones.

But if ANYONE has questions about racks i can answer most any question on Yakima or Thule systems. Also you can check out... www.rackhaus.com where we carry both systems and we can outfit your car with either.

Quick Reply: yakima vs. thule