Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would I be stupid not to buy this Audi, details inside...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Would I be stupid not to buy this Audi, details inside...

Ok my uncle, who is rich I might add gets a new car every two years though his company, his wife has been driving this Audi for a little while, but now its time for him to get a new car again, so he will give his current ride to his wife, thus leaving the Audi up for sale. He asked me if I would be interested in buying it and is asking $13,000 for it, I want see if I can talk him down to 11k or so since we are family and all, plus it does not seem like money is a big deal for him (he owns two houses, a Porsche, a boat, home theater, ect.) But even if it comes down to paying 13k would I be stupid to pass this up? Details he sent me…

2003 Audi A4 Quattro
Dark Metallic Blue
Tan leather interior with real light wood trim(not plastic)
67,000 miles
3.0 litre quattro (AWD)
6 speed
Power glass sunroof (tilt & slide)
4 way Power heated seats (R&L) with memory & power lumbar support
Bi-xenon headlights
F & R fog lights Headlight washer (heated)
Bose stereo with cassette & in dash 6 disk CD
17" wheels
Dunlop M2 snow tires mounted on rims
Auto dimming mirrors inside & out
Trip computer
Cruise control
Steering wheel controls for radio
Remote locking with alarm
Thule roof rack system

It has also been perfectly maintained is in mint shape and has had no major problems in the past. I really can't think of anything else this nice that I could get for 13k, so I think I would be stupid to pass this up. And in case you are wondering I have been driving a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee for the past 5 years, so this will be a huge step up. I pretty much want something that is quick, sporty, fun to drive, but still classy and a great DD. This seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Would I be stupid not to buy this Audi, details inside...

a little high on the miles but the price if definately right, I would say go for it!

Old 04-07-2007, 12:32 AM

That's a great price for that car. I got my 03' with the Sport Package (the car you are looking at except mine is black on black) for $17k with 55k on the clock. I would have jumped on that one in a second. As for the miles, 67k is hardly high miles for an A4. Mine just hit 68k (I commute 130 miles a day) and it runs like a champ. I'd grab it.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 AM
4th Gear

Yeah, its a good deal, get it.

Knowing the history of the car is a huge plus, 1 owner car, very well maintained, You cant go wrong with this one.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:15 AM
3rd Gear

Good price!!! Nice car!!! Plus, as you say all maintance has been done so far, it is awesome!!!

Old 04-07-2007, 02:58 AM

If I were you, I would call him up right now, & tell him that you will buy that car off of him. If you don't want it, tell him that I'll buy it off of him.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:05 AM
4th Gear

Lol, vultures lurking.......

Old 04-08-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear

My father spoke with him today, I guess he won’t move on the price. Either way I really can’t see passing this up, I would regret it. Hopefully if it goes to plan I should be driving this by the end of April, but we will see.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:59 AM
2nd Gear

dark metallic blue is a nice color too... hope you get it man

Old 04-08-2007, 05:54 AM
1st Gear

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong - very new to this and only think I know from extensive comparison pricing out to figure out what I should be bidding on an otherwise good 01 A4 with asoon-to-go-transmission (Tiptronic + Quattro = ow, costs more than most engines I'm used to) and ABS problem (unfortunately the pump). But you've got all four of the big optionalpackages (sports, premium, sound and winter) plusthe good paint plusknowing itwas probably drivenreally gingerly and taken to the dealer if the slightest thing went wrong with it.

That's like an 18k car. I suspect he's firm on the price because some dealer offered him 13kfor it. My aunt offered me her beat up Hyundai SUV for the same crappy 4k she got offered for it as tradein. Be happy you have a wealthier one.

Good luck and hope you do get it, be about the same time as I figure mine will be functional so we'll join the club together!

Quick Reply: Would I be stupid not to buy this Audi, details inside...