Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worlds fastest a4 -can anyone beat this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 12:35 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Worlds fastest a4 -can anyone beat this?

Well, I wondered because it was up for sale a while back.

But if you look at their homepage, and what I posted, it clearly says Sunday, May 6. If you look at the last few years calendar, 2007 is the only year where sunday is on may 6th. So, as far as I can tell, this is current information, and they are reffering to a run 2 weeks ago.

But, who knows, maybe its just hype and they are trying to mislead people.
Regardless, still a pretty awesome feat and 10.8 run.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:47 PM
2nd Gear

haha, you just found this. about time.. way late, but about time..

and actually chris tapp sold his car, it ended up at a dealership, someone else got it and blew the motor up.. my best guess is that it's sitting in a junkyard right now...

and mike hood's fastest run yet is an 11.4 with his old motor and old tune. now he has a tune to match CTapp's and should be in the 10's by fall..

Old 05-20-2007, 12:53 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

haha, you just found this. about time.. way late, but about time..

and actually chris tapp sold his car, it ended up at a dealership, someone else got it and blew the motor up.. my best guess is that it's sitting in a junkyard right now...

and mike hood's fastest run yet is an 11.4 with his old motor and old tune. now he has a tune to match CTapp's and should be in the 10's by fall..

No, I didn't "just find this". Ive been to their site many times.
What I "just found" is the news on their main page, that indicates this happened on Sunday May6. So they are either posting false information, or the main page of their website hasn't been updated for 7-8 years, which would be the last time there was a "Sunday, May 6th".
I dont recall this being on their main page before, but maybe it was, and i just didn't notice.

So, its still the fastest a4 I have heard of, regardless of when this actually occured. Unless someone posts news here of a faster one.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Well, I wondered because it was up for sale a while back.

But if you look at their homepage, and what I posted, it clearly says Sunday, May 6. If you look at the last few years calendar, 2007 is the only year where sunday is on may 6th. So, as far as I can tell, this is current information, and they are reffering to a run 2 weeks ago.

But, who knows, maybe its just hype and they are trying to mislead people.
Regardless, still a pretty awesome feat and 10.8 run.
Nope, something wrong with the site cause he no longer has that A4.. it was sold last year.. he is running a GTI and a TT... I saw the GTI run last night and it freakin goes i tell ya.. and that was only the second time he went with it.. i figure by the end of the summer it should be in the low 11's..

Old 05-20-2007, 02:50 PM
4th Gear

Cool, well thanks for setting the record straight.

They should really update their homepage with the proper info, very misleading. It really looks like this past may sixth, maybe the "news" is from how many years ago?

Anyway, cool stuff.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:58 PM
4th Gear

These people are insanely awesome I wanna run 10's! haha

Old 05-20-2007, 07:35 PM
1st Gear

if its awd how come only the rear tires was on the dyno rollers?

Old 05-21-2007, 12:25 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: discontained

if its awd how come only the rear tires was on the dyno rollers?

because he doesn't have an awd dyno therefore when he dynos an awd car he disconnects one of the driveshaft depending on the model car...

Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Cool, well thanks for setting the record straight.

They should really update their homepage with the proper info, very misleading. It really looks like this past may sixth, maybe the "news" is from how many years ago?

Anyway, cool stuff.
I totally agree with you although if you say how insanely busy they are you would understand why they havent updated the page.. although he could get someone to do it for him or maybe get some updating done during the slower winter months.. but either way.. this guys tuning is insane and i love my ECU tunning that i got from him!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:31 AM
1st Gear

wait so u can make awd to rwd? hmmmmm

Quick Reply: Worlds fastest a4 -can anyone beat this?