Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wipers dont work...comfort control module?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:52 PM
1st Gear
Default wipers dont work...comfort control module?

i have a 97 A4 2.8Q. the car sat for a few monthes and when i returned the windshield wipers dont work. the cruise control also doesnt work anymore but i dont know if thats connected or not. when you turn the wipers on, the motor does absolutely nothing, and the arms dont move in the slightest. the windshield washer works though. the fuse is good. i took apart the steering column andthe stalkappers to be ok, i cleaned the connections some. i also lubed up the linkage and pivots so they wouldnt stick and i dont think that is it either. i checked for power at the motor and wasnt getting any. i read in a thread about someone suggesting that it could possibly bethe comfort control module if no power is being received at the motor. but my question is this...do i even have a comfort controle module on my year and model car, and if so, where is it located? i called the dealership and they are saying that the control module doesnt come on A4's until 98-99 models. any help with this would be great as wipers are kind of important to have and i dont feel like taking it to the dealership. thanks

Old 06-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: wipers dont work...comfort control module?

You don't have a comfort control module in that model year A4, you have a central locking control module instead. According to the wiring diagram power comes directly from the 31 terminal to the Washer/intermintent wiper relay to the switch, then to the motor. So the possibilities of no wiper action is 1. the relay is bad
2. the switch is bad
3. the power wire has an open circuit
This is assuming fuse S224 (25 amp) is good, since the relay also powers the windshield washers and they work the relay may be good. Chances are its the switch, remove the steering column covering and test for power before the switch on the green wire with a white stripe, and check the white wire with a yellow stripe. Test both with the switch activated, if there is power on those wires the wires the relay is good and the switch is more than likely bad.