Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

winshield wipers

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:19 PM
1st Gear
Default winshield wipers

The wipers I have for my 98 1.8T Q, is almost going by by... What do you guys suggest, change the whole unit or just the rubber part only? Which brand? thanks.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:23 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: winshield wipers

Get Bosch Icon wipers. Best wiper I've ever used. Although they are a bit pricey they're worth it!

Old 09-22-2006, 02:04 PM
1st Gear

thanks, only change the rubber right?

Old 09-22-2006, 02:15 PM
3rd Gear

yeah you only need to change the wiper. it will be rubber with a metal bracket to attach it to the wiper stalk. you'll see once you get the wiper.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:53 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: wood_e

Get Bosch Icon wipers. Best wiper I've ever used. Although they are a bit pricey they're worth it!
Do these wipers fit a 2002 A4 1.8T? Are they the whole blade or is this just the rubber part that I'd have to slide into the existing blade?

I have had a very rough time finding non-Audi wipers to fit the wiper arm. I've gone everywhere (Pep Boys, Jiffy Lube, etc) and the wipers will always come up in their computers as saying they will fit on the A4, but they never actually do. I even went to Pep Boys and they tried fitting them themselves and ended up breaking the little plastic piece that connects the wiper arm to the wiper blade. It seems as though that connection is the problem that most after-market wiper blades do not accommodate to.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:53 AM
1st Gear

well if nothings wrong with the metal bracket just get new rubber if not get the bosch like stated above

Old 12-21-2006, 01:35 AM
3rd Gear

Changing just the rubbers, also called inserts or wiper inserts,its a good option, but be prepared to be frustrated. They are kinda tricky to put on the first couple times you do it. Start by pulling the rubber off the wiper. Carefull of the two metal spring strips. They are sharp and can cut your fingers. Place the spring stips into the new insert. The notched side of the spring will fit into a slot in the insert. Start slinding the new insert and old sping into the wiper blade. If it is tight use a screwdriver to pry the clamping portion of the wiper blade apart. Once you get the new insert in all the way( you will know because the last part of the insert will have a slot that fits into the clamping part on the blade) crimp the clamping part so the new inserts wont fly off.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:33 AM
1st Gear

check out valeo wipers. i bought them from online for 20 bucks/pr. usually like 50/pr. best wipers i ever used. alot more flexible to conform to the windshield.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:41 AM
2nd Gear

I have michelins on my 99.5. If you get inserts you must be sure they will work in the blade, usually the inserts are specific to the type of wiperblade, if you have Audi blades you would need Audi inserts.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:47 AM
1st Gear

Quick Reply: winshield wipers