Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WILL THIS WORK? BT

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 02:10 PM
1st Gear
Default WILL THIS WORK? BT

I Am trying to do a BT upgrade, found this turbo so far...will this work? 00a41.8tqm. I know its not name brand but as far as bolting up, correct power, clearance, etc. Also, Im getting my FMIC and BOV real soon, other than injectors, exhaust, and ecu program, will I "need" anything else?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240SX...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 11-25-2006, 02:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: WILL THIS WORK? BT

ya man as long as it is garrett gt28rs..thats another route people take when going with a bt instead of getting a ko4...they have more potential for more power than the ko4.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:57 PM
1st Gear

Its not a GARRETT i dont think, but a knockoff of that turbo. Its listed at a 28rs but I want someone who knows for sure to tell me if im making a good buy. Ebay doesnt always have adiquate discriptions.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:02 PM
5th Gear

dude dont waste your money on those pos ebay knock offs no where near as good as the real thng and will cause probs

Old 11-25-2006, 04:41 PM
1st Gear

Can anyone find me a upgrade turbo for sale. Im getting frustrated looking for any deals-even a k04 is a grand. I personally would rather buy a knockoff and save 800( I could get everything else im missing for that), and swap it out once i see how the rest of the set-up runs. the turbo is ball bearing so it should last a little while i would think. I wonder if anyone else has bought one yet and has feedback on them. Maybe Ill wait, but thats hard for an impulse buyer like me

Old 11-25-2006, 04:52 PM
4th Gear

your not saving anything by buying a kncok off, because you will have to replace it ever couple of months...atleast with garret you have product backing and all of that stuff

anything listed in mass on ebay is probably a piece of crap
.60/.63 wheel is going to take forever to spool
.57/.60 is pretty much ideal

when buying a turbo... its not time to get cheap...your gonna spend anywhere from 500-1200

Old 11-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: GODSPEED

I Am trying to do a BT upgrade, found this turbo so far...will this work? 00a41.8tqm. I know its not name brand but as far as bolting up, correct power, clearance, etc. Also, Im getting my FMIC and BOV real soon, other than injectors, exhaust, and ecu program, will I "need" anything else?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240SX...QQcmdZViewItem
Other than the link, there is something very wrong with this post^^ It seems to be a 3 letter abbreviation....
Skip the Ebay stuff unless its OEM parts, key chains, or a lip spoiler etc.

Old 11-25-2006, 05:18 PM
1st Gear

Ok, Ill take that advice- looks like K04 is all thats in my budget then. How bad is the neuspeed kit supposed to be. Is there any other ones as far as a kit goes? will I still need injectors for the upgrade?

Old 11-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Site Moderator

That turbo will not work with your exhaust manifold. If you take the cheap way out you'll end up with a rod through the block in no time. If you even get it running.

Just say no to bov's.

What is your budget? We'll try to help you find something that's within your price range.

Old 11-25-2006, 05:24 PM
4th Gear

dont use neuspeed, you dont have a mk2 golf for christ sake

i wasnt going to mention that three letter acronym...i was just going to wait for it to be on and then get a post (why is thick black buildup on the rear bumper) or (i keep fowling my plugs) etc etc...

just get the giac k04 kit...you'll be happy and if you need more, get some special tuning and you can probably get close to 300 horses on a k04

Quick Reply: WILL THIS WORK? BT