Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wierd burning smell of rubber..

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 04:16 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: wierd burning smell of rubber..

i've smelled the same thing, it creeps me out. my clutch was replaced maybe 20-30k miles ago (before i got the car)

Old 12-28-2005, 04:19 PM
2nd Gear

well i really dont think it is my clutch because it is brand new

Old 12-28-2005, 04:33 PM

I have the same problem ,it happens rarely. No clue !

Old 12-28-2005, 05:55 PM
2nd Gear

well i have good and bad news. the bad is that it is my clutch. the good is that its normal when that happens because of the old dust from my stock clutch heats up and smells. this happens because if im on a hill or an incline and gasing while clutching it, it slips making the smell. i just need to be careful when on hills at a light instead of gasing and clutching it, to just sit there and brake. so if any1 else has this problem and has an aftermarket clutch, this is the reason.

Old 12-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: juice88

well i have good and bad news. the bad is that it is my clutch. the good is that its normal when that happens because of the old dust from my stock clutch heats up and smells. this happens because if im on a hill or an incline and gasing while clutching it, it slips making the smell. i just need to be careful when on hills at a light instead of gasing and clutching it, to just sit there and brake. so if any1 else has this problem and has an aftermarket clutch, this is the reason.
How did you find out for sure?

Old 12-28-2005, 06:23 PM
2nd Gear

Good to hear you solved it juice. I remember one time I was showing my friend my launching skills, but I got the RPMs too high by accident and slipped the clutch through first and burned up the clutch. We laughed about it and moved on, until a couple minutes later when the smell of the clutch filled the cabin and overwhelmed us so much that even driving with all four windows open, AC blasting didn't help. We sacked up and dealt with it.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: juice88

How did you find out for sure?
well i went to audi then i went to C&C, where i got it installed.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Site Moderator

So did you have to pay anything to find that out?

Old 12-28-2005, 09:44 PM
2nd Gear

nope

Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 AM

in my case, whenever I smell ruber burning I know my stering fluid goes out. and dips onto the exaust and then it gets sucked in.

Quick Reply: wierd burning smell of rubber..