Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why you need to be a geek to own an Audi...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:08 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Why you need to be a geek to own an Audi...

no I thought niggly was derogatory only becasue of its implications maybe derogatory was the wrong word, prejudiced might have been better.. but now i know what you were going for so its ok.. "niggling" is totally different...
ORIGINAL: kpatz

Ok, so after consulting an online dictionary, I suppose that "niggling" is a more correct term to use instead of "niggly". Just because my vocabulary isn't 100% perfect doesn't make me a retard (ok, how's that for derogatory??). I just don't use certain words often enough.

And if it's "geek" you think is derogatory, maybe it was in the 80s, but now most people are proud to be considered geeks. Especially those who are self proclaimed geeks.

Besides, would a retard be able to figure out pesky little electrical problems in a car?

Old 12-11-2006, 06:36 PM
4th Gear

a geek would have spent hundred of hours comparing their problem to those of problems had by other people in every situation on earth, then they would have spent tons of morey to replace the part with the best possible soloution, and wired it up so it could run the normal function, and make necular power as well

Old 12-11-2006, 06:42 PM
5th Gear

yea i dunno about geek but you do have to be semi competant with cars

Old 12-11-2006, 06:50 PM
3rd Gear

you checked a fuse, congrats....moving on.....

Old 12-11-2006, 07:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: VB05

you checked a fuse, congrats....moving on.....
QFT

Old 12-11-2006, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

It's not just that I *checked* a fuse... it was finding out *which* fuse to check, without checking every single one.

Not everyone associates "Intelligent Power Module" with "Windshield Washer"... obviously the fuse box labels were developed by a geek.

Well, a true geek would replace the entire windshield washer system with a DIY set-up, to get around the blown fuse.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:32 PM
4th Gear

Yeah, not sure about all that.Just remember if you go bt, the geek in you will come out daily.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:54 PM
2nd Gear

I think it takes a real man to fix his car, a true geek would never own an Audi in the first place. He drives a civic, ford focus, car his grandmother gave to him, or prius.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:09 AM
1st Gear

It may take being a geek to track down 'niggly electircal' issues, and it may take a man to DIY... but it takes a nerd to critique a geek's post about being a geek! Some ppl are so petty and sensitive.

Good Job on usin your melon instead of your wallet to fix your problems, kaptz. I like the word niggly and didn't read too much into it.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:14 AM
1st Gear

i think its more the difference between SMART and DUMB... a dumb person will just rack out the money, while a SMART person will track down and fix thsoe little issues.... especially when that person is broke like me

Quick Reply: Why you need to be a geek to own an Audi...