Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why wont my key Immobilzer program???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 03:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Why wont my key Immobilzer program???

I have a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T FrontTrak Ultra-Sport
I only have [1] working key.
See this image for the writing on the remote side of the key

I bought a key off of a guy on eBay and met him locally. He sells tons of keys and assured me that it would work.
He had a little tester unit that he held out and when he pushed the buttons on the remote portion of the key, the lights lit up and it beeped, so it seemed that the remote was good and that the guy knew his stuff.

I took this key to Audi to have them program it ($115 charge). They told me that the key wouldn't program
I asked the seller about the key and he said that it was not an original Audi OEM key, that is why the writing doesnt look identical, BUT that it is still the same model and should work fine. He said its probably the dealer.

I bought ANOTHER key off of eBay. This one I liked more because the remote side of the key looked 100% IDENTICAL to my good working key.
I took this one to the Audi dealer, told them I got it off eBay and wanted it programmed. They were skeptical right away and I could tell they didn't like the fact that I am bringing my key in.
They tell me that the key would not program.
I asked the tech if the remote would program and in his broken english he said Yes. But when I went to go try the remote side, it didnt work at all on my car. Maybe he unprogrammed that side of it?
They told me that if I buy one of their keys they can make it work fine. It's $285 OTD.

So....
1) I wonder if both of these keys I got are bad?
2) Is it possible that the remotes are fine on them, since the print is on the remote side, but the immobilizer is different? I dont see writing there.
3) Maybe the dealer is shafting me trying to make me buy their key? That's pretty balsy.

Thoughts?

THANK YOU!!!