Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHY! WHY!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Default WHY! WHY!

I posted a couple of weeks back about having a code p1545-throttle valve controller malfunction, had the throttle body replaced this past friday and it ran great all weekend. now this morning it's dead again, same problem same code, Why? what is killing the throttle body? Why, oh why does my car hate me?[:@][:@][:@]. basically it runs like garbage, it is in limp mode the engine cuts out and then comes back, and then cuts out and the comes back.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Default RE: WHY! WHY!

scanning also pulled up code 0604-Internal Contr.Module Random Access Memory (RAM) Error. so narrowed it down to a problematic/failing ecu, went to pull the ecu and there is no label on the top of the box so i will not be able to give the numbers of the ecu. is there any other place on the car this is located?

Old 10-04-2005, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

Try going to the dealership with your VIN, they should be able to tell you. I know a lot of chip manufacturers (APR, GIAC, etc..) keep stock ECU's you can buy a lot cheaper than the dealership. Hope this helps.

Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 PM

The VW/AUDI tech that i spoke to has alot of experience with chipped cars. i had him reset the ecu and do another TB Adaption and now the cars is fine again. he said he has seen a couple of giac cars that have had random issue's like mine. he's had giac dealers upgrade the software and that has fixed the issue's. i am going to go to awe-tuning tomorrow and have them update my software, hopefully the car keeps running good until then. he was also able to track down the type of ecu i needed.