Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why is speedtuning cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 08:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: why is speedtuning cheap?

ORIGINAL: bob12312357

ORIGINAL: oettinger1919

Lol true mis-spelledwords of a cheap ***(which is a crime owning an Audi)Poser.

ORIGINAL: bob12312357

Fact of life, the jealous who over paid must figure out a way to justify their expinditures, usually through the putting down of the product they overpaids competition.
As several members have already spoken you have an egotistical need to spend the most on the bling bling names and parts without comparing performance or other aspects of the equasion. Kind of like buying Anderson pretzels when the same fatory, using the same ingredients, in the sane ratios makes them for Pathmark and Shoprite. They just cost $3 for the anderson for a 12 oz as opposed to $3 for a 5lb bag. You just paid 4x the price per ounce for the name. The speed tuning chip is a damn good deal, pulls as hard as any GIAC or APR chipped car i test drove and at $125 you'd be retarded not to hop on. Oliver is obviously a smoart buissness man who knows what he is doing.
Oliver provides a quality product at a quarter of the competitions price. Now many people contemplating a $500 chip (a months rent for some) can comfortably afford olivers similiar performance $125 chip. Now me and dozens of others come on here,spread the word of how awesome it is and we can't believe the price. People start throwin the chip name in their list of mods on the sig. NOw rember the V-dub boards are also gonna be doin this 2 so there are twice the people as on here who will also be toutin this chip. Now the Speed tuning flash has the name out, people are lovin the power, talkin about it and most importantly gettin that name out there. So the intro price goes up 2 $300. Still $200 cheaper then the competition for a similiar product. Now a year down the road, the name is out people love it and its $200 cheaper then the competition and speedtuning has the majority marketshare. Oliver and this man

have a similiar strategy and it worked damn good for the old bastard. I've said my piece,continue spewing your prada wearing drivel.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44414/5C845103AD2649B197EF129169B05DD0.jpg[/IMG]
to sum this up:
name brands cost more.dont be stupid.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Bogie

seriously bob, no one is going to listen to you and you'll soon be the next travis kemp.
lmao

Old 12-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Sure you can. One possibility that appears to be glossed over so much in these threads is that the R&D costs of developing a new program can be covered by selling at a lower price (such as Speed Tuning is doing), even if it may take somewhat longer. And if they can cover their costs, and GiAC and APR are bigger companies as you say (and therefore logically would have larger amounts of R&D money to spend in the first place), doesn't it stand to reason that GiAC and APR may just be overcharging? Not that a nearly 50hp gain isn't worth $400 because in the larger world of tuning cars, that is cheap power. But if Speed Tuning can cover development costs and make money at $125-250 per reflash, it seems that the $400-500 charged by other companies may just be a blatant ***-sticking from them.

Obviously I don't know the financial workings of those companies, but if a small company can make money on a chip at $125, seems to me that a larger company could too. But if the larger company is selling at a high price, they may just be getting snotty the way designer clothes companies are. "Why is this t-shirt $500?" "It's Versace." It's all in the name. If you don't give a good goddamn about snob appeal, then there's no reason to spend the extra money for a name, and that name seems to be all you're getting, since the results appear to be very similar. A caveat to that is that APR and the others have been around a long time and they're time-proven brands, whereas I get the feeling ST is comparatively new. Still, their product seems solid, so maybe that will end up bringing to light something along the lines of APR and the others just plain gouging enthusiasts all these years. Earning a reputation over time isn't a small matter, and it absolutely counts for something, but whether it really justifies charging 3-4 times the price for the same results is, to me, not really even debatable - it's a resounding NO.

</cynical soap box>

Old 12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
1st Gear

As several members have already spoken you have an egotistical need to spend the most on the bling bling names and parts without comparing performance or other aspects of the equasion. Kind of like buying Anderson pretzels when the same fatory, using the same ingredients, in the sane ratios makes them for Pathmark and Shoprite. They just cost $3 for the anderson for a 12 oz as opposed to $3 for a 5lb bag. You just paid 4x the price per ounce for the name. The speed tuning chip is a damn good deal, pulls as hard as any GIAC or APR chipped car i test drove and at $125 you'd be retarded not to hop on. Oliver is obviously a smoart buissness man who knows what he is doing.
Oliver provides a quality product at a quarter of the competitions price. Now many people contemplating a $500 chip (a months rent for some) can comfortably afford olivers similiar performance $125 chip. Now me and dozens of others come on here,spread the word of how awesome it is and we can't believe the price. People start throwin the chip name in their list of mods on the sig. NOw rember the V-dub boards are also gonna be doin this 2 so there are twice the people as on here who will also be toutin this chip. Now the Speed tuning flash has the name out, people are lovin the power, talkin about it and most importantly gettin that name out there. So the intro price goes up 2 $300. Still $200 cheaper then the competition for a similiar product. Now a year down the road, the name is out people love it and its $200 cheaper then the competition and speedtuning has the majority marketshare. Oliver and this man

have a similiar strategy and it worked damn good for the old bastard. I've said my piece,continue spewing your prada wearing drivel.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44414/5C845103AD2649B197EF129169B05DD0.jpg[/IMG]
When I got my APR chip, there was a bag of Anderson Pretzels in the lobby......crazy......

Old 12-18-2007, 04:16 AM
1st Gear

for damn sure ill go with the 125 bucks over a 500 dollar chip. maybe for some people with alot of money can afford this, thats why they never see that in reality they are just the same. even if giac or apr gives 10-15 more hp if speedtuning is way cheaper i would still pay the 125 instead. its not like i can use all its power in los angeles or anywhere that speed limit is enforced

Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 AM
3rd Gear

Well, as most of you know already:
1. I sent a junk yard VWPassat ECU into Speed Tunining for the flash.

2. There's not much risk imo just getting an inexpensive and well provenecu flash for a stock engine and K03 turbo - it does work great and I love the power - Nissan Maximas don't beat me anymore . Great fun for now.

3. I kept my originalAudi ECU to send out laterfor a K04/eliminator/BT program (by Revo or Unitronics...) if I decideto go that route in the summer. Idoubt Speed Tuning will have any BT programs for the chip by as early asthis comingsummer, and I definitely won'tgo with an un-provenprogram for a BT application.There's too much at risk there.