Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whining sound in speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 AM
2nd Gear
Default whining sound in speakers

how would i get rid of the whining sound in the rear speakers? iam usinga 4 channel amp for the rear deck speakers and sub but get a whining sound, gets louder as car rpms go up. guessing its my alternator i am hearing threw my speakers. only way i have found to get rid of it is to turn the sound up louder. is there somethin i can buy that will get rid of this sound?
thanks

Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: whining sound in speakers

Usually indicates a weak/bad ground. Check your ground connections for the amp and try relocating them maybe.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:08 AM
2nd Gear

where do you have yours grounded to? i have had this problem since day 1 of installing it. mine is grounded to one of those lil bolts holding the tool kit/disc changer holder that connects to the body of the car.
thanks again.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: TeeterTawter

where do you have yours grounded to? i have had this problem since day 1 of installing it. mine is grounded to one of those lil bolts holding the tool kit/disc changer holder that connects to the body of the car.
thanks again.
Right here:

[IMG]local://upfiles/10408/17888C8327874FE58A3E034325C27805.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
2nd Gear

sweet, thanks man, im goin to go relocate it in a few. and post back if it clears up.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:36 PM
2nd Gear

finaly got around to relocation the ground and no fix, even connected it to the same location as the negative terminal on the battery is grounded to and no fix. i have no speaker wires and power cables crossing over each other. is it possible that my amp is just a pos? or should i try rewiring brand new set of speakerwires from the deck straight to the amp and see what happens then?
currently the speakers wires are the factory ones ran into an after market amp and then to the speakers. power line is a straight run from the battery to the amp, and the remote is taken from the factory location and put into the amp.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:35 PM
4th Gear

You may need a groundloop isolator (pretty sure that's the name) to get rid of that noise. You can also try to add or beef up the engine grounds starting with the alt.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:43 PM
2nd Gear

where would i get a ground loop isolator? isnt that pretty much a noise filter?
The sound is constant and doesnt change it volume, if i have the volume set to the lowest minimum the sound is there,i also set my sound to a pitch thatso that i can hear my passenger and i talk but still hear music and that whining sound at the same time. orI can put my music up loud enough and it will drone out the whining sound. either way, whining sound is there and does not change in volume just in pitch when i tap the gas.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:48 PM
4th Gear

It's your alt. making that noise because of a ground issue someplace. Ground loop isolators can be bought at any shop or even walmart I believe. Yea its basically a noise filter but its not uncommon to need one in the Audi especially the Bose.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:46 PM
2nd Gear

nah my friend, the ground loop isolator only helped out a bit, sound is still there, I am in the middle of trying somethin else. White=Remote
Red/Blue=Power
Yellow/Black=Ground
Blue/Green= Left positive
Blue/Red= Rightpositive
Yellow/Red= Negative
Yellow/Red=Negative
I just gotta figure out which at the left and right and which are the positive and negative from the deck.
goin to be interesting. I think I got certian wires mixed up as I don't know which is negative and positive left and right from the deck. anyone have a wiring diagram or even better a diagram from the back of astock audisymphany deck? its saturday and no removal keys i can find anywhere to figure it out myself.

Edit: used a small pc speaker and spliced some wires,found the rights and lefts and negatives and positives.

Quick Reply: whining sound in speakers