Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to hide the brain...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:51 PM
1st Gear
Default where to hide the brain...

So I am trying to install this Alpine screen in my 2001 A4V6 but am having no luck finding a place for the brain. Only place really is in the trunk where the cd changer and stuff would be...Problem there is the cable that comes with it isnt long enough and I cant find anywhere to get a replacement. So for those with screens with the seperate brain where did you mount it? Or does anyone know of a good place they saw on someones car?Thanks

Old 01-25-2007, 07:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: where to hide the brain...

I have the same problem with my Pioneer AVIC-N1, theres no room under the seat like there was in my Probe, My buddy suggested the pass side floorboard behind the carpet, but it would require a seperate board, custom installed over the brain to prevent it from getting wet or stomped, he did this for his motec ecu. Other problem is if you have navigation you gotta mount the brain perfectly flat so thats the other problem. I am lucky becuase the pioneer wire is long enough to make it to the trunk. The only place in the car with a flat surface that wont be stepped on is on the floor in between the rear seats.. but it would look tacky.

I would suggest trying to
A. Find a longer wire, doubt you could, or buy a second wire and splice the two together yourself.
B. Mounting near the ECU under the hood<dunno if it would fit>
C. Possibly removing and mouting under the Rear Seat, dunno how hard that would be though...

Those were the only spots I could think of that would hide it. Rear seat probably the best idea if its possible...I have only had my audi 19 days so I have not takin out thte back seat yet to find out if it would work...

Old 01-25-2007, 07:34 PM
4th Gear

What are the dimentions, and how long is the cord?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:44 PM

the installer of my old stereo placed the brain under the dash of my A6. you might be able to swing that. It was also completely out of site.